Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2016, 11:12   #16
bmz

Boat: Irwin Citation 34
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post

The warranties I like best are 'Lifetime' warranties. That proves the manufacturer really believes in his product.
Absolutely. I have a pair of 34-year-old Fujinon binoculars(lifetime warrantee). The rubber rims around the eyepieces finally wore out. So I called Fujifilm; and they sent out new ones to me within a week at no cost.
bmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 11:31   #17

Location: Placida FL on the hard for now real nice place cheep rent .
Boat: 78 Laguna ,Windrose 24'

I've had great results with Wholesale marine ( Ohio ) bought a two pact handheld Cobra VHF radios great price,shipped to me two days later. Saved many hundreds on Pettit 2 part epoxy primer , Pettit Trinidad green bottom paint and received it in two days . I even got $20 some odd bucks back on a price match guarantee on my weather/CD/FM/bluetooth/stereo. Plus i've bought safety gear and 5 or so other things all good shape very fast shipping . The only bad thing i live in Ohio and had to pay tax on all of it .
sailersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 14:18   #18

Boat: Swedenyacht 42

The site in question is in Indonesia,
Richard_jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 15:57   #19

Boat: Herreshoff Cat Ketch 38, Halvorsen 32 Gourmet Cruiser

This sounds like standard Grey Market pricing. Same great stuff, sans warranty...
It's a crap shoot.
GuerrillaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 17:17   #20

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingca View Post
This company has prices hundreds of dollars cheaper than anyone else I could find for a B&G Zeus 16 helm package but their contact information is in Indonesia. Too good to be true? Anyone ever order anything from them?
I have not ordered anything from them however there are a couple of points to consider in addition to those already mentioned. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Manufacturers often have different packages of the same product. Common differences in the packages can be the type of transducer or no transducer, what if any charts are included, does the system include CHIRP, what is the warranty, is it geo-fenced, is it a Zeus or a Zeuse II, etc?

In particular be careful with geo-fencing. Lowrance equipment sold in the U.S. is geo-fenced and if someone from Europe or Asia buys one here, they have to pay the difference to get the code to unlock it. I don't know if B & G does this but they are owned by the same company along with Simrad and Lowrance.

This may be a good deal but just be careful and be sure that you are comparing prices for the same package as well as the same equipment.
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 17:27   #21

Boat: Seawind 1160 Lite

This site is obviously a scam , but then there is no link to the actual ad so maybe this whole topic is the same. The general rule of thumb however in Indonesia is that all imported items cost MORE than elsewhere due to the high import duties .
Andrew Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 17:44   #22

Boat: Endeavourcat 30

But often the "Lifetime Warranty" is for the life of the product. When it dies, the warranty expires with it.

Quote:
I find it surprising how many people do not understand 'warranty' costs money.

Yes, you do indeed pay for warranty in the price you pay for the item. If there were no warranty, the item would be cheaper for sure but we expect the manufacturer to stand behind their product and he does, with the money you pay for warranty. Look on it as a kind of insurance.

Warranty in almost all instances is paid by the manufacturer but is sometimes administered by the distributor and that is where the confusion often arises.

The warranties I like best are 'Lifetime' warranties. That proves the manufacturer really believes in his product.
CapnBazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 23:34   #23

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBazza View Post
But often the "Lifetime Warranty" is for the life of the product. When it dies, the warranty expires with it.
I always ask "is it my lifetime or the product" I've always been told it's MY lifetime . . . so far.
Of course, at my age, they're on the winning side. I'll have to start getting my grandsons to buy the items in their names.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 03:12   #24

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

Quote:
I always ask "is it my lifetime or the product" I've always been told it's MY lifetime . . . so far.
Of course, at my age, they're on the winning side. I'll have to start getting my grandsons to buy the items in their names.
Wisdom speaks, we should heed it

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 03:28   #25

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Of course if it's a life raft, bosun's chair or such, it could be both.....

goat
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 10:11   #26

Boat: Bruckmann, 44' Cutter

Very good advice from everyone - thanks. This website had the package for $6,649 versus next lowest price at $8600 (and most at $9,999) so a big savings but I'm believing too good to be true and probably as everyone warns not covered under B&G warranty.

someone asked for the website so included here:
B&G Zeus2 16 Glass Helm Package
sailingca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 13:30   #27

Quote:
This company has prices hundreds of dollars cheaper than anyone else I could find for a B&G Zeus 16 helm package but their contact information is in Indonesia. Too good to be true? Anyone ever order anything from them?
A word of warning about a company that I have had very negative dealings with. The name of the company is Wholesale Marine Equipment. They are an off shore company. I ordered something from this company and there were all kinds of excuses about delivery. My order was never delivered and a refund of my money seems very unlikely at this time. The company will not even answer my emails. I made a mistake trying to deal with these people. Please don't make the same mistake.
DeannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 09:17   #28

Bad Experience....with a GPS unit. The unit was hijacked in route by the shipper demanding a 25% duty and fees on a GPS that required no duty.

They offer no explanation.....and the shipper wants to be paid via Western Union...go figure. Stay Away!

Jon
jonsm114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 09:32   #29

Let me introduce my self first.
I'm Rahman from Wholesale Marine Equipment Indonesia.
I read all bad stories about our company in this forums.
To all people who make a bad stories for my company, Now we will finish this.
I'm here for talk and want to proof all of your words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Grace View Post
This site is obviously a scam , but then there is no link to the actual ad so maybe this whole topic is the same. The general rule of thumb however in Indonesia is that all imported items cost MORE than elsewhere due to the high import duties .
Hi Andrew, do you ever been to Indonesia ?
How long you stay in Indonesia ?
Did you already tried make any business in Indonesia ?
Please answer all of my questions.
Thank you.

Quote:
Very good advice from everyone - thanks. This website had the package for $6,649 versus next lowest price at $8600 (and most at $9,999) so a big savings but I'm believing too good to be true and probably as everyone warns not covered under B&G warranty.

someone asked for the website so included here:
B&G Zeus2 16 Glass Helm Package
Hi sailingca, Can you check our price carefully ?
May be when you checked our price, that is on our promotion period.
Each month we have a promotion because we are new on Internet Marketing. We want to introduce and meet our new customer from over the world to build a thrust.
Sometimes we have 10-25% discount for 5 - 10 first orders and available just for new customer.
That's all is our marketing strategy.
Sometimes, I think about all people who tell bad stories on Internet is our competitor who can't beat our prices.
Don't you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaB View Post
A word of warning about a company that I have had very negative dealings with. The name of the company is Wholesale Marine Equipment. They are an off shore company. I ordered something from this company and there were all kinds of excuses about delivery. My order was never delivered and a refund of my money seems very unlikely at this time. The company will not even answer my emails. I made a mistake trying to deal with these people. Please don't make the same mistake.
Hi DeannaB, May I know your order number ?
What item that you order from us ?
We never have any customer name DeannaB.
Please sent me all data that you have to proof that you're is our customer.
I'm wait for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsm114 View Post
Bad Experience....with a GPS unit. The unit was hijacked in route by the shipper demanding a 25% duty and fees on a GPS that required no duty.

They offer no explanation.....and the shipper wants to be paid via Western Union...go figure. Stay Away!
Jon
Hi jonsm, My questions for you is same with DeannaB.
Please answer me
If shipper ask for 25% duty fees, that is normal.
All import duties is depend the country location. If you live at Dubai, then you can get 0% import duties.
morisrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 10:08   #30

Rahman,

Everything I wrote is true...........please show proof of the 25% Duty owed to US Customs.

I have talked with agents of US Customs and no such duty is due.

BTW, where is my GPS unit?

Jon
jonsm114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, marine, men, sale