Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 14-07-2015, 08:25   #346
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: What Will Happen to Boat Pricing when Euro Is Under Par to US$ ?

Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
With China losing control of their "carefully managed economy" (not!) falling apart before our eyes and the Greek and Iran issues It wont be long (end of summer early fall) before the "New World Order" starts showing itself in all its glory ! Hang on people its going to be a wild ride..Think I will start planning that circumnav again, its been a long hiatus and I am an ancie kind of person ..
With a deal made with Iran it wont be long before millions of barrels of oil hit the market and with that comes gas at less than $2.00 per gal...That in turn will make countries like Veneizula,Russia etc. wish that they had played ball in a different fashion..Imagine if you will what would have happened if oil prices were still at $100.00 plus per barrel !! Those named countries would have much more power and affluance than they now have..As it is it looks like the "fading USofA" aint fading too much !! Seems like being the only "super power" in the world has its perks..Im sure lots of folks on CF saw this coming as far back as 1983 as I did...You dont get info like this from news loops and belated gov. annoucments, you get it from conserted and methodic effort and having connections in the right places..I have it from "unreliable" sources that Thiland is the next place to look for signs of things to come concerning geo. politic problems(depending which side of the whole SCO thing you are on) ...The coup led military hunta that is in control now wants to purchase Chinese made submarines and seems to be falling into the China fold (if conflict starts might be a smart thing to do!) despit the fact that the Swiss and Germans offered better products..The pivot to Asia is going to be something that crusiers should keep a sharp eye on as the world enters a very stressful and contintious situation..The worlds 2nd largest economy no longer talks about being the worlds largest economy soon ,wonder why? I think they all see the writing on the wall!! I for one think that boat pricing will go thru the roof if the world inchs closer to that line in the sand regardless of oil prices just as it did during WWII...Hope I am wrong and it is all smoke and mirriors,but!

tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: