Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 14:40   #106
Registered User
 
rognvald's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Summer: In the land of Wooly Mammoths
Boat: Pearson 34-II
Posts: 2,252
Images: 2
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
I think you've got it backwards.


Makers:





Takers:




O.K. Now let me make sure I really understand. It is the undocumented farm laborers and the unions(11.8%) of the U.S. population that contribute the most to the fiduciary health and national success of the U.S. And, the rest of us, 88.2%, contribute little or nothing. This certainly is not true and should be discounted. See:Economic News Releasesunion2.nr0.htm
__________________

__________________
rognvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 15:38   #107
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SW Florida
Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
Posts: 3,425
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
O.K. Now let me make sure I really understand. It is the undocumented farm laborers and the unions(11.8%) of the U.S. population that contribute the most to the fiduciary health and national success of the U.S. And, the rest of us, 88.2%, contribute little or nothing. This certainly is not true and should be discounted. See:Economic News Releasesunion2.nr0.htm
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but.....

The taxes Americans really pay, in two graphs - The Washington Post

A Citizens for Tax Justice survey seems to show that taxes are pretty evenly paid across all income groups.
__________________

__________________
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 16:06   #108
Registered User
 
markpierce's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central California
Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot
Posts: 3,413
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Shouldn't include social security taxes in that analysis, which is probably the large majority or virtually all of the federal taxes paid by low-income workers. Theoretically, that money will be returned back to the individual taxpayer (and perhaps her dependents). Also, social security benefits favor lower income people compared to amount contributed.
__________________
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 16:14   #109
Registered User
 
rognvald's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Summer: In the land of Wooly Mammoths
Boat: Pearson 34-II
Posts: 2,252
Images: 2
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDun View Post
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but.....

The taxes Americans really pay, in two graphs - The Washington Post

A Citizens for Tax Justice survey seems to show that taxes are pretty evenly paid across all income groups.

Just to provide a "fair and balanced" approach, here's an article by the Left leaning NPR- hardly a Right Wing group that corroborates the information provided by the Heritage Foundation. www.npr.org › NewsBusinessYour Money The article is entitled: The Tax Man Cometh, But for Whom? NPR April 15, 2012
__________________
rognvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 18:49   #110
Senior Cruiser
 
senormechanico's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
Posts: 5,826
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
"California ... and it takes funds to keep it that way, "
Wanna keep the beaches clean? If other states can do it with a $5 parking fee, so can Cali. Same same on so many things all over. Some states just get the job done, others featherbed and find excuses why they need 2x-3x as much tax money.
I just got back from a delivery of a Dragonfly 35 from here to Newport Beach.
My top speed of 17.6 knots was under a double reefed main and jib at 0530 while the other two crew slept.

Newport Beach charges $15 a day for parking.
View of the beach is from the DF owner's house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708[1].jpg
Views:	65
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	41983   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1620[1].jpg
Views:	63
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	41984  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699[1].jpg
Views:	64
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	41985  
__________________
Memento,homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris.
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27   #111
Registered User
 
capn_billl's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston,Tx
Boat: Maxum 37'
Posts: 1,587
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
I think you've got it backwards.


Makers:





Takers:



This may not make much sense to someone without any grasp of econonics, but the third group if they are doing their jobs right bring the money to the first two groups. In an economy as complex as ours someone has to run the computers and manage the accounts, One of the people in that room is trading the funds of MY 401K.

.......Unfortunately I thing it is the lower 2nd from the left
__________________
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 14:54   #112
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St Augustine, FL
Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat
Posts: 2,825
Re: Property Tax on My New Boat !

Huh-

This thread has certainly gotten complex enough.

On the upside I have heard today that California is once again the center of innovation with the new primary process. I heard about this a while back and forgot about it. Sounds like a positive step to some of our problems.
__________________

__________________
Check out my MoJo: Facebook.com/mojomarine1
Boatguy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boat

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One More Question About Personal Property Tax capcook Dollars & Cents 27 25-04-2012 13:26
North Carolina Live Aboard Personal Property Tax R&B Liveaboard's Forum 11 11-10-2010 07:54
California Boat Tax tardog Dollars & Cents 4 09-06-2008 12:15
Do they have a personnel property tax in N.C videorov General Sailing Forum 3 20-11-2006 04:48



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:09.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.