Marine Service Provider
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wherever the boat is!
Boat: Marine Trader 34DC
New Fuel Pricing Search from Cruisersnet
Claiborne Young has added a new fuel
pricing search to his website so boaters along the US Coast can find the best prices for diesel
and gasoline. I just received this email
from Claiborne which explains how to use this new search function. This is a great service
so I hope the mods don't mind if I post it here. Chuck...
I. Announcing our NEW "Best-Buy Fuel Price Finder" Service
The Salty Southeast Cruisers' Net is very proud to announce a new service for the cruising community that could not have come at a more opportune time. Only those whose heads have been buried in the sand (or water) don't know what is happening to fuel prices this spring.
Well, the Cruisers' Net has found a way to at least help minimize the pain at the pump. Now, with just a few clicks of your mouse, captains and crew can quickly and easily discover who offers the best (and worst) diesel fuel and gasoline prices on any of our reporting coastlines. And, as always, this service is presented to the cruising community without charge, or without even the need for a user name nor a password.
Enough said. Here's how it works, and, as usual, an example is worth another thousand words of so. We are going to pick on the South Carolina coastline for this example, but our new service works in the exact same fashion for all our coastlines where we report fuel prices. Also, you might want to print out the instructions below, so you can follow them step as step from the Cruisers' Net web site.
1. Go to our home page at http://www.CruisersNet.net
2. Scroll down a bit, and locate the red, vertically stacked menus on the right side of the page.
3. Click on "South Carolina" and a drop down menu will appear
4. Now, click on "SC Fuel Prices"
5. This action will open our South Carolina Fuel Price page, with all the facilities and retailers for which we report fuel prices sorted geographically, moving north to south. This is the format we have always used, and it remains the default view.
6. Notice, HOWEVER, to the right, and a little above the page title, "South Carolina Fuel Prices 3/7/12," there is a new, horizontal button labelled, "Sort Fuel Prices - Find the Best Deals"
7. Hover your mouse pointer over this new, "Sort Fuel Prices - Find the Best Deals" button, and a drop down menu will appear
8. Click on the second choice, "Diesel Prices (Low to High)"
9. After a second or two, the page will refresh, and NOW THE VARIOUS SOUTH CAROLINA FUEL PRICE FACILITIES ARE RESORTED, WITH THOSE HAVING THE LEAST EXPENSIVE DIESEL FUEL AT THE TOP OF THIS SECTION, AND DESCENDING DOWN THE VARIOUS PAGES TO THOSE WHICH HAVE THE MOST EXPENSIVE DIESEL FUEL PRICES!!!
10. At a glance, you can now tell which fuel price retailers on the South Carolina coastline have the best deals on diesel fuel - NEAT, HUH!!!!
11. Now, hover your mouse pointer over the "Sort Fuel Prices - Find the Best Deals" button again, and again the drop down menu will appear. This time, click on the "Gas Prices - Low to High" choice. Once again the page will resort itself, this time with those offering the least expensive gasoline at the top of the page, descending to those with the highest gasoline prices.
12. Finally, hover your pointer one last time over the "Sort Fuel Prices - Find the Best Deals" button, and this time click on the first choice, "Geographic Order (Default View)," and, as you would expect, the page will once again resort itself into its default geographic, north to south format.
And, that's how it works for all our regional fuel prices pages. You can follow the links below, and try out this new feature for any coastline in the Southeast.
VA to NC State Line Fuel Prices:
North Carolina Fuel Prices:
South Carolina Fuel Prices:
Georgia Fuel Prices:
Eastern Florida Fuel Prices (Fernandina Beach to Miami):
St. Johns River Fuel Prices:
Florida Keys Fuel Prices:
Western Florida Fuel Prices: