My wife and I are thinking of buying
54 and bringing it to Michigan.
I'm trying to learn what my insurance
I've never had boat insurance
so I'm new to this. A few questions
1. What should I look for in an insurer?
2. Any recommendation for reputable ins brokers?
3. What can I expect to pay (what have others paid)? Boat will be about 400-500k
4. What type of insurance do you carry and why?
I have 2 decades of sailing: racing
, chartering and helping with a few deliveries of boats from lasers to Santa Cruz
72. I've done long distance races (300 miles) and longer deliveries (Nassau to luperon). But I have no formal certificates other , than an AsA
101 cert I had to get for sailtime. So will they even insure me?
Any help would be appreciated.