Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-10-2016, 11:22   #1

Marine Part Rippoffs

Hi

This is just a warning not to order anything from Marinepartdepot.com

My partner and I are embarking on 'our' adventure and have purchased hundreds of items from all over the continent to retrofit our Alberg30.

This business, and I use this term jokingly, has ripped us off several times and wasted so much of our time that we have to scramble to get our project finished in time.

The List:

1 1/4" 90 elbows only 1 3/16" requiring machining to have them fit the 1 1/4 inch tubing

One order money taken but no order sent! Only an escalation through paypal got our money back

Zero customer service with many phone calls and emails unanswered

1" T's only 7/8 inside

Another order not delivered at all, but, at least this time, no money taken.

Do not order from these crooks!!! Check complaints online, there are many.

Tim Martens and Shirley Jones
ArioseNotes.com

Old 18-10-2016, 11:30   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Marine Part Rippoffs

The List:

1 1/4" 90 elbows only 1 3/16" requiring machining to have them fit the 1 1/4 inch tubing
Uhhh... how did you machine more material onto them? BTW, it's very common for fittings to be too snug or too loose.. many manufacturers. Not saying thats a good thing but certainly not limited to these guys.
One order money taken but no order sent! Only an escalation through paypal got our money back

Zero customer service with many phone calls and emails unanswered

1" T's only 7/8 inside, So what were they OUTSIDE? You mean the pipe threads were wrong or were they barbs? If barbs, they are measured outside.
Just trying to get some clarity on what's really going on here....

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 12:17   #3

The 1 1/4 slip-in fittings were so far off of 1 1/4, way too much material would have to be taken out of the fittings to make them the size they were supposed to be in the first place. The machine shop wouldn't do it because there wouldn't be enough left.

It is NOT TRUE that an advertised size of fittings is completely the wrong size in the industry!

Again, the 1" T fittings were almost a whole size too small.

This is not an acceptable practice, to advertise one size and deliver an entirely different size.

If I order 1" ss tubing which is ALWAYS 1 inch OD, do I expect to get a different size?........unquestionable NO WAY!!

The machine shop had to make a machined solid adapter to make these fittings work and still maintain the strength of the tubing and the fitting.

These turned out to be a complete waste of money because of the wasted time and extra expense of machining the parts.....completely unacceptable.

Tim Martens
ArioseNotes.com
Old 18-10-2016, 12:20   #4

I agree, I had the same experience, zero communication, wrong part received, had to dispute the purchase...would not recommend.

Tags
marine

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: