Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 10:46   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Docwazup
Looking for Business Plan Template/Draft (Word/Excel) for OV '62 Day Charter business

Dear fellow Yacht friends

As you can read from my initial post in the Meets & Greets section, I am currently helping a friend starting his own Day Charter operation. The desired boat is an Ocean Voyager '62 Fast and he is looking to start up a Day Charter business in the Caribbean in 2017/2018. He has 10 years experience under his belt in the Yachting business, working on super-Yachts to small boats in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean Sea. He asked me to help him planning the business, finding potential investors and getting the financing in place. And in case the business proves to be sustainable, I would like to work with him full-time and investing my own money.

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum, by posting my experiences and progress with this project and I hope to receive some helpful tips from the experienced members of this forum.

I have done research on the web but I cannot find a sample Business Plan that we can work with. Would someone here happen to have such a business plan template/draft that you can share with me? Ideally a Word plan that interacts with Excel and that already focuses on the Day Charter operation in terms of information needed. I would like to work off this plan, populating the numbers and amending the text parts. That would really help me kick-starting this project and getting an idea if the project is feasible.

Thank you!

Best regards
Jannis
Docwazup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:21   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Islander 28
Re: Looking for Business Plan Template/Draft (Word/Excel) for OV '62 Day Charter busi

You don't say where in the Caribbean.
Be mindful that each country has it's own constraints on non-nationals owning a business. These considerations often factor large in the costs and are often overshadowed by the soft costs.

The only sure way to make a million in this business is to start with 2 million.
DrivinSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:28   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Docwazup
Re: Looking for Business Plan Template/Draft (Word/Excel) for OV '62 Day Charter busi

Thank you for the feedback DrivinSteve, the Operating Spot is not yet decided on but we could imagine starting a business in e.g. Philipsburg/Sint Maarten. We believe that the customer potential, due to the amount of Cruise Ships passing by and the general tourism there would be a good place to start such a business. Any help finding a business plan template is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Docwazup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, draft