Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2009, 18:36   #16

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinini View Post
Check out this Ebay store---Discount Rope and Line--- the seller is called--roscoef.
He has great deals on name brand line. Go to Ebay and do a search with the above names and you should find him. You won't be disapointed.
Discount Rope and Line--roscoef, great deals on on eBay!

LOL = 0.00

Found this for 1/2 in 3 strand. No mention of maker.

This high quality, premium grade anchor line is the best on market. You just can't get any better than this!

These anchor lines meet every requirement you could ever want in a anchor line!

I am not qualified to buy line this way.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 18:57   #17

Boat: Allied Princess 36'
Try this link

eBay Store - Discount Rope and Line: Arborists Lines, Industrial, Marine
Martinini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 19:30   #18

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
WoW!
the choices.
Old 19-08-2009, 19:41   #19

Boat: VandeStadt IOR 40' - Insatiable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinini View Post
Check out this Ebay store---Discount Rope and Line--- the seller is called--roscoef.
He has great deals on name brand line. Go to Ebay and do a search with the above names and you should find him. You won't be disapointed.
Agreed
Weyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 06:57   #20

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Unfortunately, it seems everything is coming out of China these days and finding a local manufacturer is very difficult. There are several still in existence - New England Rope, and others but naturally their prices are going to be significantly higher than the Chinese stuff. So it is a cost effectiveness decision - changing the "lines" more frequently or spending more to have them last longer. Colored line is always sore point for me. It only takes a year for the sun to bleach out the color. My personal opinion is that for temporary use and non-critical applications (e.g. tying down awnings, etc. ) the cheap Chinese stuff is fine.
The key to cost savings on quality line is buying full spools usually 500 to 600 feet. Then the prices are a fraction of the "per foot" prices. But what are you going to do with all the extra line after taking off a hundred or two for your primary need?
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 12:07   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
Unfortunately, it seems everything is coming out of China these days and finding a local manufacturer is very difficult. There are several still in existence - New England Rope, and others but naturally their prices are going to be significantly higher than the Chinese stuff. So it is a cost effectiveness decision - changing the "lines" more frequently or spending more to have them last longer. Colored line is always sore point for me. It only takes a year for the sun to bleach out the color. My personal opinion is that for temporary use and non-critical applications (e.g. tying down awnings, etc. ) the cheap Chinese stuff is fine.
The key to cost savings on quality line is buying full spools usually 500 to 600 feet. Then the prices are a fraction of the "per foot" prices. But what are you going to do with all the extra line after taking off a hundred or two for your primary need?
I don't know the answer to either question.
Old 20-08-2009, 13:22   #22
cruiser

Boat: Morgan 33 OutIsland, Magic and 33' offshore scott design "Cutting Edge"
Another rope on boat is bucket rope. The polyester double braud I get from Rochfordsupply.com says made in USA right on spool. I go through a lot of this stuff doing my canvas thing. Mostly 3/16" for lacing t-tops and weathercloths. My all purpose awning has been rigged with this stuff for 4 years staying up in many instances of high winds.
forsailbyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 13:47   #23

Spool Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post

Has anyone had luck with this? I researched the heck out of this and still could only get about 20% off on a spool (over the rock bottom per foot prices). There must be a better source. Dashew Offshore used to have great prices on spools of New England Ropes, but I do not think they sell them anymore. I have not been able to find as good of a deal elsewhere.
RainDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rope