Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: How much is enough (before you feel you can stop working and retire and go sailing)?
$1000 to $100,000 73 21.92%
$100,000 to $500,000 81 24.32%
$500,000 to $1,000,000 76 22.82%
$1,000,000 to $100,000,000,000,000,000s 103 30.93%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2008, 01:11   #256

Boat: Broadblue 385, called Troutbridge
Send a message via Skype™ to Troutbridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
Same time as this yesterday only add 24hrs.

Sticking hot with humidity at around 1000%, 2/8 cloud cover at most, 15knt seabreeze which will disappear just before sunset (9pm ish), 1 day of showers so far this year. So basically nasty as we have mostly all gone back to work and it's great sailing out there.

Anyone heard what the deal was with the lady who accidentally fell* off the harbour bridge yesterday? The word is she was something to do with the stock market. She's still breathing and appears to have failed in her attempt to do the nasty to herself.

* - to accidentally fall of this bridge you 1st have to accidentally stop your car (no pedestrians allowed on it), accidentally get out of your car and accidentally climb over a 5ft fence then accidentally fall off.
Yeah yeah yeah, well I think there's about 13 hours difference
Anyway, to quote Alan Coren who was impersonating Iddy Amin at the time "standing on top of the air ministry roof it am pissing down here" also blowing a hoolie and about bludy cold! never mind, retiring and off in May, hope to be in NZ by about 2010. Hope the weather stays fine
Troutbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 03:24   #257

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
Same time as this yesterday only add 24hrs.

Sticking hot with humidity at around 1000%, 2/8 cloud cover at most, 15knt seabreeze which will disappear just before sunset (9pm ish), 1 day of showers so far this year. So basically nasty as we have mostly all gone back to work and it's great sailing out there.

Anyone heard what the deal was with the lady who accidentally fell* off the harbour bridge yesterday? The word is she was something to do with the stock market. She's still breathing and appears to have failed in her attempt to do the nasty to herself.

* - to accidentally fall of this bridge you 1st have to accidentally stop your car (no pedestrians allowed on it), accidentally get out of your car and accidentally climb over a 5ft fence then accidentally fall off.
She accidentally read the thread on "feeling the pinch" and got all shook up.
Old 31-01-2008, 03:31   #258
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabir View Post
Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
Yes, a little spammer

See "post is very informative, however I would like some specific information - Google Search=
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 10:20   #259

Boat: 1973 Morgan 36T
Nice detective work Mark.
Morgan Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 00:47   #260

Boat: Broadblue 385, called Troutbridge
Send a message via Skype™ to Troutbridge
Anyone for cricket? (colonials may not understand but those from the Antipodes will)
Troutbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:04   #261
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutbridge View Post
Anyone for cricket? (colonials may not understand but those from the Antipodes will)
Hello? Whats the name of that game? I don't think we play that here anymore! We have been knobbled by politics.

But the Antipodes are New Zealand, arn't they?
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:18   #262
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Although Australia and New Zealand are sometimes referred to as "The Antipodes", the term actually describes the relative position of any two geographical locations which are diametrically opposite.
If you were on the Iberian Peninsula, New Zealand would be roughly antipodal to you.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:39   #263

Now Gord, ....this time you have really taken it to far.
We of the "Antipodies", understand that we are forever labled by our English masters. A brutal penal colony at the extremes of the globe. I do appreciate your linquistic aptitude but to be blunt, we are pained. The antipodean reference was historicaly used as , at best a platitude, at worst a reference to a back water of no consequence ,barren beyond measure, with little or no value , and inhabited by, savages, back packers , and strange creatures, fit only for convicts and the poorest and most unemployable of the world. I am deeelighted to inform you that nothing has changed !! As many past estemeed navigators have stated "there is bugger all down there" . As a country of dangerous creatures and even more dangerous wildlife , i strongly suggest that they give us a wide berth. However I hear that NZ is pretty good.....
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 16:02   #264

Get good ground tackle and don't do marinas and cruising is cheep. Been there, done that for 5 years. Still be out there if parents didn't need me. Go when you can. David
David Pritchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 18:19   #265

Where are you cruising David?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:35   #266

Not cruising now, Dad not well. I cruised the Bahamas and did the thornless path to Grenada, Did most of the Islands in between and spent the last year in the Virgins. My favorites were Grenada, St Martin and Luperon DR and Cat Island Bahamas. My biggest problem going cruising was my Parents. They just couldn"t understand why I wanted to go. Good luck David
David Pritchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 15:49   #267

Boat: Custom 70' Steel Trawler - MOSEY
The longer you wait, the more you will regret. My vote is to never retire -- just work less and less depending on the money needs. I would pump gas at a marina in order to have the life I wanted.
kchumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 17:18   #268

Boat: Allied Luders 33
It is a bummer to think that I probably never will have a enough money to cruise responsibly. Does that mean I should give up?
Luders33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:16   #269

Cruise irresponsibly or rob a bank
Old 03-04-2008, 20:17   #270

Or maybe you could become a pirate