Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 11-08-2017, 06:29   #16

Re: Experiences with Brokers in St. Martin

I joined this forum just so I could put in a good word for Tony Brewer.

I bought a boat (1995 Freedom 40/40) through Tony's brokerage in December 2015 and sailed away from St. Maarten in late April 2016. I can't say enough good things about Tony.

He worked tirelessly to facilitate our deal, and then was a fantastic resource during my time in St Maarten preparing the boat for her voyage to the US northeast. I'm convinced it would not have gone as well without Tony.

Buyers (and contributors to this forum) should remember that a broker works for the seller. If a broker shuns a buyer, perhaps the buyer needs to consider carefully why that occurred. In my case, all parties were very satisfied with the transaction.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:36   #17

Boat: CheoyLee Offshore 33
Send a message via Skype™ to masonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncx View Post
I joined this forum just so I could put in a good word for Tony Brewer.
I bought a boat (1995 Freedom 40/40) through Tony's brokerage in December 2015 and sailed away from St. Maarten in late April 2016. I can't say enough good things about Tony.
He worked tirelessly to facilitate our deal, and then was a fantastic resource during my time in St Maarten preparing the boat for her voyage to the US northeast. I'm convinced it would not have gone as well without Tony.
I'll confirm that to have been my experience with Tony Brewer as well. Although we were buying a cheap boat that he was selling for a friend, he gave us just as good service as if we were his normal rich(er) clients. I remain in contact with him and he has helped with a number of issues over time. I'd feel very comfortable buying from him again. However, you have to do your own due diligence on any boat you want to buy, the broker only knows so much.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:53   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Doncx.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:21   #19

I met Todd Duff, living on his sail vessel in Tortola. He is a very experienced broker and a person of good character. He helped a friend of mine sell her Lagoon quickly and was very helpful. I know he is a member of the facebook group, Liveaboard Sailboat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: