Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2016, 17:26   #61

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Cruising Boat and US State Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
We went with Ft. Lauderdale, FL as the Hailing Port, SBI as the mailing address, but unfortunately the documentation company used our California address as the physical address of the managing owner.... Based on previous replies, if the USCG sends out any type of notifications, I sure hope it is indeed the hailing port and not the physical address.
The hailing port is just that, a city in the US. It is not an address. The address of the managing owner is where the renewal should be sent.
If you don't want that then you best change it. SBI has a service to handle the renewal if you sign up for it.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 12:21   #62

Re: Cruising Boat and US State Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave22q View Post
Sales and use taxes are not tyranny...
It is beyond me why you would quote my post, and then start out with this. I never said anything at all to suggest, even in the slightest degree, that sales and use taxes were any sort of tyranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave22q View Post
For those who are so set on tax evasion schemes I advise you center your criminal intentions...
Perhaps you are accidentally posting in the wrong thread. At the very least, again, no clue why you would use my post as a leaping off point for this rant. No one -- not one single, person -- in this thread has suggested anything at all to do with tax evasion or criminal activity. NO ONE!

There is a huge difference between arranging your affairs in perfectly legal, ethical, and above-board ways that will also happen to lower your tax burden, and committing crimes to avoid legally-due taxes. Everyone here has been discussing the former. YOU are the fist one (and ONLY one!) to bring up the latter.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, taxes