Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 17:14   #16
cruiser

Quote:
Jeff H once whispered in the wind:
You are currently based in my old stomping grounds, I grew up sailing out of Knickerbocker YC in Port Washington. The site looks good. You might consider including a simple line in your sample menu that says words to the affect of "Vegetarian's accommodated". Most skippered charters, don't so that would offer you another niche.

Jeff
No kidding, Jeff... wow! Small world. I know where you are talking about. Great sailing (for smaller boats) here in Manhasset bay. We see very professional races constantly. The water's like glass, so they really get moving when it blows.

Great thought regarding the vegetarian idea. We had just remembered to put down kosher and the like (very important in NY), so we will add vegetarian as well. My wife will like that, since she prefers a lot less meat.

Thanks for the thought. I will get back to everyone shortly... just really involved in some work on the galley. Not enough time to post.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 19:54   #17
Kai Nui

Speaking of links...
For those that are thinking of trying a charter, specially Sean's, or for anyone wondering about running a charter business, here is a link: http://www.moosemeals.com/seas.htm
I have been hosting this program for about the past 2 years, and have had the pleasure of interviewing a number of very knowlegable people in the cruising community. Including, most recently, Sean. I try to address all of those questions that new and seasoned cruisers have, such as "Why do we do it?" On my current show, we ask the questions, "What is a charter?", and "What does it take to be a charter captain?" All shows are archived, so check out the library