Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 04-01-2016, 04:57   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 41' OI / Oday 22’ Keel Boat
Veteran Sailing Association

My mission is clear I will provide an incredible on, in & under water experience to all of our to all our veterans and those that support them in the beautiful Florida Keys. We will SCUBA dive, free dive, spearfish, snorkel, sail, kayak, and conduct ECO Tours throughout the diverse reefs, water ways and mangroves of the Keys. Veterans may also receive PADI SCUBA Instruction as well as ASA Sailing Certifications in designated courses. Come aboard, relax and watch the sun set. The past is the past; its time to move forward and the majestic sloop Anjin San will guide you there.
www.veteransailing.com
Old 08-01-2016, 18:18   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG
Re: Veteran Sailing Association

After viewing your web pages and the funding cost, this just looks like another business trying to create business on the backs of veterans. $4000 doesn't look like much of a sacrifice.
I am a Vietnam vet with disabilities. And I take vets on my boat all the time. I don't charge vets for anything. Fuel, food, whatever. And no, I am not wealthy.
Old 08-01-2016, 18:43   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 41' OI / Oday 22’ Keel Boat
Re: Veteran Sailing Association

Here's the deal - as a US NAVY SEAL ( please verify through SEAL Authentication site) & USG contractor Iraq/Afghanistan etc. - born and raised on the waters down here in The Keys I am uniquely qualified to interact with my fellow Vets sailing and diving - period. Charter fees are donated by folks that seek to send a Vet and thier spouse on an incredible experience (check my gofundme.com page with my current Vet). Simple as that Vets helping Vets - and yes I am a Disabled Veteran Small Businees Owner - for profit, not a non profit ( is there such a thing as a non -profit) ? Please go to my "fund a Vet page " and donate - Johnny is a fellow SEAL who was shot in Afghanistan - need I say more Sir ?

Tags
sail, sailing