Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-02-2008, 09:20   #16

Congratulations on a job well done thus far. I hope everything works out as planned. I think you're going to be very successful with the new propulsion method.

Unfortunately, you replied before I could edit my remarks to make them less argumentative. It's a bit confusing to just read about Twaron one day in your literature, and then just Kevlar the next day in a separate announcement. Seems like you should be consistent and just mention one or the other, or Twaron/Kevlar, consistently, so you don't confuse potential customers. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for innovating and contributing to the forum.

Steve Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 14:14   #17
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Martin View Post
Congratulations on a job well done thus far. I hope everything works out as planned. I think you're going to be very successful with the new propulsion method.

Unfortunately, you replied before I could edit my remarks to make them less argumentative. It's a bit confusing to just read about Twaron one day in your literature, and then just Kevlar the next day in a separate announcement. Seems like you should be consistent and just mention one or the other, or Twaron/Kevlar, consistently, so you don't confuse potential customers. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for innovating and contributing to the forum.
Hallo Steve Yes you are right I should use both names , I sometimes get confused , Kevlar is used and most common in the States while Twaron is the European name, I will use both. Can you imagine that Dupont and Akzo spend well over 200 Million over the rights to this material?

Greetings

p.s. the testing of the new propulsion System Green Motion is going well and presently the system has been running at full power for a couple of weeks, we are at 1820 hours total run time and if you want send a mail and we will keep you updated with the monthly updates on the system.
We have started to produce the first 17 Kw unit for testing and it will be running in May. this unit will be used in the new 58 ft FastCat

fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 03:36   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post
...Can you imagine that Dupont and Akzo spend well over 200 Million over the rights to this material*?...
* Para-Aramid fibre is an aromatic polyamide (Polyaramid Polyparaphenylene Terephthalamide), better known by tradenames such as “Kevler” (DuPont) “Twaron” (Teijin Aramid*).

I’ve read that he patent litigation struggle between AKZO and Du Pont cost the parties about US$200 million for lawyers only, and probably a multiple of that amount to cover other expenses. "Twaron"* has, in the past (not certain of current status), also faced stiff anti-dumping duties on its imports of the fibre into the US.

* Twaron was Developed by Akzo, and now manufactured by Teijin.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 11:43   #19
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
* Para-Aramid fibre is an aromatic polyamide (Polyaramid Polyparaphenylene Terephthalamide), better known by tradenames such as “Kevler” (DuPont) “Twaron” (Teijin Aramid*).

I’ve read that he patent litigation struggle between AKZO and Du Pont cost the parties about US$200 million for lawyers only, and probably a multiple of that amount to cover other expenses. "Twaron"* has, in the past (not certain of current status), also faced stiff anti-dumping duties on its imports of the fibre into the US.

* Twaron was Developed by Akzo, and now manufactured by Teijin.
I understand that the total cost exceeded one billion USD for both parties

Look at all the boats they could have made from this money or many many mouths they could have fed ??
This must be the reason why this material cost in excess of $ 50,00 per kilo.
Old 14-04-2008, 11:47   #20

Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Need more FastCat Candy!

What's the latest on all your sicka$$ boats!!
Any more pics of this boat from your design teams?
MORE CANDY PLEASE!
:cubalibre
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 12:20   #21
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
What's the latest on all your sicka$$ boats!!
Any more pics of this boat from your design teams?
MORE CANDY PLEASE!
:cubalibre
Patience patience all good things take time
we will make at least 7 or 8 sets of drawing until we will freeze the concept and start building.
This will be for all 3 new designs , the 41 ft the 58 ft and the new 42 ft Eko Green power cat

Greetings

Tags
fastcat