Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2008, 09:20   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13
Congratulations on a job well done thus far. I hope everything works out as planned. I think you're going to be very successful with the new propulsion method.

Unfortunately, you replied before I could edit my remarks to make them less argumentative. It's a bit confusing to just read about Twaron one day in your literature, and then just Kevlar the next day in a separate announcement. Seems like you should be consistent and just mention one or the other, or Twaron/Kevlar, consistently, so you don't confuse potential customers. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for innovating and contributing to the forum.
__________________

Steve Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 14:14   #17
Marine Service Provider
 
fastcat435's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amstelveen Netherlands
Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Posts: 1,649
Images: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Martin View Post
Congratulations on a job well done thus far. I hope everything works out as planned. I think you're going to be very successful with the new propulsion method.

Unfortunately, you replied before I could edit my remarks to make them less argumentative. It's a bit confusing to just read about Twaron one day in your literature, and then just Kevlar the next day in a separate announcement. Seems like you should be consistent and just mention one or the other, or Twaron/Kevlar, consistently, so you don't confuse potential customers. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for innovating and contributing to the forum.
Hallo Steve Yes you are right I should use both names , I sometimes get confused , Kevlar is used and most common in the States while Twaron is the European name, I will use both. Can you imagine that Dupont and Akzo spend well over 200 Million over the rights to this material?

Greetings

p.s. the testing of the new propulsion System Green Motion is going well and presently the system has been running at full power for a couple of weeks, we are at 1820 hours total run time and if you want send a mail and we will keep you updated with the monthly updates on the system.
We have started to produce the first 17 Kw unit for testing and it will be running in May. this unit will be used in the new 58 ft FastCat
__________________

fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 03:36   #18
Senior Cruiser
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 32,365
Images: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post
...Can you imagine that Dupont and Akzo spend well over 200 Million over the rights to this material*?...
* Para-Aramid fibre is an aromatic polyamide (Polyaramid Polyparaphenylene Terephthalamide), better known by tradenames such as “Kevler” (DuPont) “Twaron” (Teijin Aramid*).

I’ve read that he patent litigation struggle between AKZO and Du Pont cost the parties about US$200 million for lawyers only, and probably a multiple of that amount to cover other expenses. "Twaron"* has, in the past (not certain of current status), also faced stiff anti-dumping duties on its imports of the fibre into the US.

* Twaron was Developed by Akzo, and now manufactured by Teijin.
__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 11:43   #19
Marine Service Provider
 
fastcat435's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amstelveen Netherlands
Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Posts: 1,649
Images: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
* Para-Aramid fibre is an aromatic polyamide (Polyaramid Polyparaphenylene Terephthalamide), better known by tradenames such as “Kevler” (DuPont) “Twaron” (Teijin Aramid*).

I’ve read that he patent litigation struggle between AKZO and Du Pont cost the parties about US$200 million for lawyers only, and probably a multiple of that amount to cover other expenses. "Twaron"* has, in the past (not certain of current status), also faced stiff anti-dumping duties on its imports of the fibre into the US.

* Twaron was Developed by Akzo, and now manufactured by Teijin.
I understand that the total cost exceeded one billion USD for both parties

Look at all the boats they could have made from this money or many many mouths they could have fed ??
This must be the reason why this material cost in excess of $ 50,00 per kilo.
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 11:47   #20
Registered User
 
solarbri's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Idaho
Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Posts: 306
Need more FastCat Candy!

What's the latest on all your sicka$$ boats!!
Any more pics of this boat from your design teams?
MORE CANDY PLEASE!
:cubalibre
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 12:20   #21
Marine Service Provider
 
fastcat435's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amstelveen Netherlands
Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Posts: 1,649
Images: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
What's the latest on all your sicka$$ boats!!
Any more pics of this boat from your design teams?
MORE CANDY PLEASE!
:cubalibre
Patience patience all good things take time
we will make at least 7 or 8 sets of drawing until we will freeze the concept and start building.
This will be for all 3 new designs , the 41 ft the 58 ft and the new 42 ft Eko Green power cat

Greetings
__________________

fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fastcat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New FastCat 605 (Formerly 555) fastcat435 Commercial Posts 46 23-08-2012 04:37
weight of a FastCat 455 fastcat435 Commercial Posts 2 08-08-2009 19:04
Has anyone seen or been on the Afican Cats FastCat videorov Multihull Sailboats 13 07-07-2008 13:38



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:35.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.