Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2017, 13:57   #1

Boat: Island Packet 445
Yanmar Replacement Dipstick

I want to endorse a product that I have been happy with and assure you that I have NOTHING tied to the product or company that I bought it from expect for a pleasant experience.

Many of you with Yanmar transmissions will likely have experienced their plastic dipstick cap getting stripped with routine use. It's a poor design which Yanmar should have fixed themselves but I guess they would rather that we have to replace the dipstick every few years at great cost.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a replacement dipstick cap from Bobatkins - a contact that I found here on the Cruisers Forum.
HTML Code:
www.caribluemarine.com
His replacement cap isn't cheap but I'm sure that it will last forever. I'm no longer scared that my cap might strip completely and leave me with an engine room full of transmission fluid at the worst possible time!

Bob's service was quick and I received the replacement part 3 days after ordering. The part fit perfectly and has a nice, snug fit.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend getting a replacement part if your dipstick is starting to strip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Dipstick Cap.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	153684  

Tags
yanmar, men