Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2009, 01:16   #1

Boat: Beneteau 36.7
Xantrex Link 20

I've ordered two of these units from defender.com in the last month. The first one came with a huge bubble in the outer layer, clearly visable through the packaging and mocking the "Inspected" label right under it.

Defender were pretty quick about getting me a replacement (and had a simple system for printing out a prepaid return label) but the second unit that just arrived also has a bubble at the left hand screen area (same problem area as the first). Looks like the sort of thing that's only going to get worse.

Time for me to find a different brand.
theonecalledtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 03:40   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 38
Cruz Pro

I did not have any issues with mine that I had ordered from Defender.

But I was looking for the battery monitor built by Cruz Pro from Australia, but couldn't find a US distributor. Same features as the Link 20 and will monitor three banks.

Cheers
I'm fighting currents to get back to you, listening to the flow of your liquid language as you beckon me, "Come Play"
Mariners Cove, CI. Anonymous.
Caribsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 09:55   #3

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
I wonder if the bubble was caused by an altitude change on the airplane while shipping? Regardless, Xantrex must be aware of the problem. It's interesting to note that when someone does a search on the internet for Xantrex Link 20, this thread will pop up.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote