Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 12:27   #16
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Gord-
Your definition of gender is somewhat behind the times. Humans come off the assembly line in five flavors. Male, female, and three types of hermaphrodites, each recognized as a separate gender. The three types of hermaphrodites are recognized as being equally male and female, or mainly male, or mainly female. I don't recall if that's defined by what functions or the gross anatomy, but that's the modern definition of it. At least, here in the US for over a decade now, and apparently in the global scientific/medical communities. Which a local town GP may not quite agree with.

Transsexuals are something else again, the vote is still split on how to classify them for what purposes.

And, it's not just an X/vs/Y chromosome thing, there are other variations in the chromosomes besides the "usual" male and female.

Brings new and frightening potential to the question of what a Scotsman wears under his kilt.<G>
Old 02-11-2006, 15:56   #17
cruiser

Things that work

I remember years before the GPS incident I went to Steveston marine to buy a radio. When I asked a salesman he said "I'll be right with you." and walked away. after waiting about 20 minutes I asked another and the same thing happened. I asked one owner , who did the same thing. Efter over an hor of waiting in front of the radio I wanted I held up a couple of hundred dollar bills and shouted at the top of my lungs . I want to buy that radio , and have the money in my hand . What the F..k does a guy have to do to buy a f...king radio here. After that I got service and after another 20 minutes I walked out with my radio in hand.
Don't go there in a hurry. I was the only customer in the store at the time.
Brent
Old 02-11-2006, 16:15   #18

What I am trying to do Brent is help you out but as yet you have not got in touch with me. So if you want my help please call otherwise I will stop trying of take care of the situation and let it be. This will be may last post on this subject
Thanks
Robin
Old 02-11-2006, 17:01   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
What do you do when the customer won't take "Yes" for the answer?

What do you do when you would rather fight with the vendor than resolve the problem?

What if you just posted it on Cruisers Forum? Are people seeing why this isn't always such a good idea? We really can't get Dr Phil to work here for free.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:35   #20
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
For this particular thread: it should continue in PMs, or in person at the store.
Old 03-11-2006, 22:26   #21
Kai Nui

After reviewing all of the posts on this subject, I can say that it is clear that at least some of the employees of Steveston Marine are absolutely dedicated to customer service. They can count on my business if I am ever in the area.

Old 24-03-2007, 08:37   #22

Boat: 36' Waterline S/V Songline
As a (far too often) visitor to marine stores in Vancouver I have never really had a problem with any of marine stores in Vancouver or on the North Shore. Recently I bought a small backup plug in search lamp from Steveston that didn't work and it was replaced on the spot. However the guy at the desk who was obviously very new suggested it may need to be sent out for warranty repair. I laughed a little and pointed out it cost $7.95 . The seasoned guy beside him said to go get a new one off the shelf, he tested it for me and off I went.

Peter
Old 18-04-2007, 19:47   #23

I've done a lot (a LOT!) of business with Steveston Marine
and have been treated fairly in every case. Once or twice
I have had to persist a bit to achieve clear communication,
but it WAS achieved, and without anyone getting angry.
How many businesses can you say that about?

Also, I am confident that any product that is defective
or that doesn't perform as advertised would be promptly refunded.
When I have had difficulties, that option has ALWAYS been freely
offered to me right off the bat.

I am talking about the mail-order department here-
My experience with the retail stores has been limited
to walking the aisles, gasping, and running out the door
clutching my credit cards in a tight fist.

No will power, that's my problem.

Shas
Old 18-04-2007, 19:51   #24

hellosailor

How would it be if we "classify" people here as simply "sailors"?
I've never been able to see that "plumbing" has any effect
on a person's abilities or intelligence...

Shas
Old 19-04-2007, 00:02   #25

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Quote:
Things that work
I remember years before the GPS incident I went to Steveston marine to buy a radio. When I asked a salesman he said "I'll be right with you." and walked away. after waiting about 20 minutes I asked another and the same thing happened. I asked one owner , who did the same thing. Efter over an hor of waiting in front of the radio I wanted I held up a couple of hundred dollar bills and shouted at the top of my lungs . I want to buy that radio , and have the money in my hand . What the F..k does a guy have to do to buy a f...king radio here. After that I got service and after another 20 minutes I walked out with my radio in hand.
Don't go there in a hurry. I was the only customer in the store at the time.
Brent
Old 20-04-2007, 09:17   #26
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
Okay - I can't see any useful purpose in continuing this particular thread. It's sole purpose was to resolve an issue .. not new is being added to it. So, I'm closing it.
Closed Thread