Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2008, 12:59   #16

Boat: Norseman 447
Use Ebay to buy and sell all the time, fraudsters usually stand out a mile, refitted all our boats electronics form Ebay in States from Australia with not one dud transaction, your VHF Wheels came from there, sure you have to be careful but thats life.
psssssssssst anyone want to buy a cheap rolex?
Nauticatarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 01:19   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I have something coming from Bill Gates free. I can't remember what it was though, I have been waiting for awhile now. But I trust him, he has such excellent feedback about his Microsoft thingy he invented. It'll come, just wait and see.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 14:33   #18

Boat: Trismus 37
Alan it sounds like you have joined one of the cargo cults.
Steve Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 19:02   #19

Boat: Endeavour40 - MOBETAH
Azura,
Believe it or not, we bought one of those $300.00 Yamata sewing machines about three years ago. And I'm pretty sure we bought it from eSpectrons (I'm sure the company was in south Florida). Machine was mailed quickly, arrived qucikly, well packaged and actually works pretty well.
I guess eSpectrons got in financial trouble and just packed up, turned off the web page and left town.
mobetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 19:03   #20

UPS screwed me, not eBay or Paypal

I have had excellent success with eBay and PayPal. However UPS really screwed over me.

I sold a new Jabsco john via eBay and shipped it via UPS. Since the value of the package was over the (uh) "FREE" Insurance UPS provides, I paid an extra fee for insurance to the level of the purchase price.

I also went directly to UPS and stood in line to process the package since I worked a few blocks away.

The counter person was very nice, weighed it, checked out the size and charges, added in the extra insurance fee and addressed the package for me.

in a few days the package showed up back at my house as "refused due to breakage" and I felt I was lucky I paid the insurance fees.

They didn't pay the insurance, denied the claim, and did not even return the postage. They did return the package with the glass contents rattling. The driver dropped the package again in the driveway as if to add insult to injury.

I AM fed up with UPS.
pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 08:14   #21

Boat: Looking with intent
Some notes here folks, I have worked in Logistics for shipping and it is just as bad for business as it is for an individual person (the difference is the amount of value in items). When dealing with a shipper that is not willing to take responsibility for damages covered by insurance have a lawyer write them a nice letter reminding them of their legal responsibilities (might cost a bit but is worth it if the item is of any value). The same goes for Ebay if you know that there is false advertising going on. They don't need the bad PR and would prefer to not get any, use that as a tool.

Hope this helps
Chiroeurope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 08:33   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
I AM fed up with UPS.
I've seen surveillance videos on YouTube of UPS guys drop kicking packages across driveways onto front porches. It's infuriating. But look at it this way. At least there are other carriers to use (like DHL).
Old 09-04-2008, 15:37   #23

Location: "Noosa" Australia, I am French by birth and Australian by choise.
Boat: 2 boats , a colson 21 and a bolger micro
wierd
got recently Paypal sending me email to their debit my accounf of around $ 500 for some electronic in the States??
i never used ebay or Paypal

and when i try to return the mentione email to let them know it must be a mistake , the email come back to me with error to sender..
i went to my bank to check any wrong doing , or any wrong withdraw yet , it is weird...
does not make me very comfortable with all this..
feel hard sometime , i work hard and believe to be a honest and fair person , so many scams and disonest people , one had to be so warri of all the scams and conman ..
feel like going soon just sailing in the sunset for ever..
and leave that rat race for good..........
Old 09-04-2008, 16:22   #24
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
Cathyoz - sounds like a scam to me. The web site/email addy was probably shut down within a few days. One of the ways they (Scammers) attempt to get information is to upset and frustrate people into revealing too much information or to "compromise" if fighting something seems unlikely to resolve an issue. They will "verify" addresses, phone numbers, SSN, ANYTHING that they think they can get from you. Then you REALLY have a problem. BEWARE
S/V Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 20:37   #25

Location: "Noosa" Australia, I am French by birth and Australian by choise.
Boat: 2 boats , a colson 21 and a bolger micro
thank

yes , i am weary , i do not give bank info into internet et is way i do not used paypal or else...
they do the same here , with banc , receiving request of infos for accounts ..ect.
i never reply
if my banque want to check , they contact me by phone..

Tags
sewing machine