Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 11-02-2010, 22:31   #1

Boat: Beneteau 393
Thumbs up Sailor's Solutions' ZED01 Mini Warm Light LED

Hey everybody,

I thought I'd share my recent purchase of the ZED01 Miniature Warm White LED Replacement Bulb. It is sold by Sailor's Solutions, the same folks that made the Sensibulb. Here's a link to the product:

LED lighting, soundproof, Sailor's Solutions Inc.

I liked the Sensibulbs I picked up, especially for their brightness and warm light- they really put out a nice glow. But they don't fit in the small overhead fixtures on my Beneteau 393. So, I bought four of the ZED01's as a trial to see how they worked.

As you can see from the pictures below, they really are the same size as a G4 Halogen (that's a 5W halogen beside it). They fit perfectly into the small fixtures on my boat. The third pic shows two lights, one a 5W Halogen, and the other a ZED01. Can you guess which is the warm halogen bulb?

(Some of you may be wondering why a 5W halogen was used for comparison instead of a more standard 10W- the fixtures of all the puck-style lights on my boat are actually rated 5W max.)

Sooo.......the light on the left is the ZED01 LED! It is much brighter (probably equivalent to a 10W bulb), and IMO very warm for an LED.

So far I am very happy with my purchase. Shipping from Sailor's Solutions was FAST! I ordered this product at 11pm at night on 02/08, and it arrived this morning 02/11. I can't comment on the longevity, which is a big question when shelling out $35 for each bulb(!), but since lighting was my 3rd biggest energy user on the boat, and considering Sensibulb's high reputation, I think for me it is a worthwhile investment. This is especially true with 2 very little kids who don't quite grasp the concept of energy conservation!! If you can't beat them join them!

Hope this helps!

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1488.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	13225   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1487.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	13226  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1484.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	387.4 KB
ID:	13227  

Old 11-02-2010, 23:59   #2

Boat: Allied Princess 36'
Do a search on Ebay for LED bulbs, and your going to be surprised.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:26   #3

Martinini,

I'm not surprised at all, I've seen all the bulbs on Ebay. I've heard these were sometimes put out a "weird" or cold light, or didn't last, or used a lot of energy compared to ther Leds. Have you tried any of them? Want to offer your review?
Old 12-02-2010, 13:55   #4

Yes I am using leds purchased on ebay throughout my boat and they are functioning perfectly. If you visit West Marine or take a look in their catalogue you will find the same ones on ebay for $15 or even $30 dollars cheaper. then there is here too Bulb Lookup.
Old 12-02-2010, 22:00   #5

I didn't see these bulbs on there..? Anyway I just wanted to share my experience with this product for those looking for a Sensibulb-made-for-small-fixtures solution. This manufacturer did say that if you mention www.cruisersforum.com he'll give you 10% off. I might gamble and try one of those "puck light" bulbs, but they look a little big for my fixtures. I do like the price, though!

Thanks- Frank
Old 12-02-2010, 22:20   #6

Thats great, and yes that link was more for Nav Lights. This is a more varied supplier of LEDS Super Bright LEDs - Boat, RV and Other LED Bulbs
Old 13-02-2010, 03:53   #7
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
my 2 cents worth , I bought a about a dozen Sensibulbs from Sailors Solutions and after 3 years one failed I sent it back and got a new one in the mail free! it happenedd the next year and i sent it back and like magic i got one in the mail free again no qustions asked, I like the way sailor Solution does Biz and trust them! So I will support them by trying my best to give them my biz!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: