Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 05-08-2015, 14:29   #1

Boat: Tahitiana 32 - Kuan Yin
Raymarine Service

I'm wondering what other people's experiences of Raymarine service has been from the Nashua service centre.

Does anyone know any ways of getting around or through the electronic wall Raymarine seem to have built for themselves so that it's impossible to reach a live human only endless recordings and email forms which don't get answered?

My Raymarine SPX-5 was DOA from new and after considerable help from a technician on the Raymarine Technical Forum I returned the computer to the Nashua service centre where it was received on July 1st, 2015 (I have post office signature receipt). Since then there has been silence:

- no reply to the letter sent with the computer,
- 8 calls have only reached answering machines,
- two messages left with Ms Linda Sullivan, who never seems to anser her phone
- no reply to two details emails sent via the Raymarine Repair form.

It was bad enough that the $2500 auto-pilot did not work out of the box, but having this wall of silence is baffling and frustrating. Any help to actual reach someone at Raymarine - whether in service centre or corporate hiereachy - would be very welcome. As accounts of other people's experiences with Raymarine in North America.

many thanks, fair winds.

(SV Kuan Yin currently cruising in Labrador)
Author and publisher of "Marine Diesel Basics for Boatowners and Mechanics" - coming spring 2017. Turning the learning curve into simple steps.
Kuan Yin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 17:36   #2

Boat: 53' Hartteras Cruising Yacht
Re: Raymarine Service

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I used to work for corporate America, Merrill Lynch and Hewlett Packard and the best method to get any satisfaction for any issue is to write the regional VP of sales, the nationwide President of sales, and the CEO. Also copy any of the major cruising/sailing magazine editors.

I know it should not need to be done but unfortunately this is the path that ultimately leads to a positive resolution. is a great site for the numbers for companies with the shortest wait times to the best source for information.

Hope this helps,

SouthernPride is offline   Reply With Quote

marine, raymarine, service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: