Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2018, 11:55   #16

Boat: Manta 40
Re: Orca Green Marine (OGM) - Does not respond!!

Stormalong - you are right, but I had just invested in new starboard, port, and aft OGM lights. I didn't want a mismatched port/starboard light. Believe me, I'm not happy to have had to pay again. But KUDOS to Defender.com for fully crediting my cost!! I'm guessing (hoping) that Defender is not going to pay OGM for the bad lights and will likely stop carrying their product when their stock runs out. The port and aft OGM lights have been fine. It's the starboard that leaked (now 2 separate units) with condensation on the inside. I'll leave on and take sealant around the entire unit. Can't figure out where it can leak in from. Maybe sealant around the glass in front, because the back was totally sealed.

That all being said, if you're not already stuck with OGM, run away...

And SMJ, please go online to BBB and file the complaint. It takes only a couple minutes and if enough people do it, BBB might take some further action.

JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 14:31   #17

Boat: R&C Leopard 40

Glad I always search CF before buying. I was about to pull the trigger with the 'lifetime warranty' as justification for the high(er) price. As always, warranties are only as good as the company and people backing it.
-Chris

Old 07-11-2018, 14:07   #18

Boat: Jason 35 cutter (built by Miller Marine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Stormalong - you are right, but I had just invested in new starboard, port, and aft OGM lights. I didn't want a mismatched port/starboard light. Believe me, I'm not happy to have had to pay again. But KUDOS to Defender.com for fully crediting my cost!! I'm guessing (hoping) that Defender is not going to pay OGM for the bad lights and will likely stop carrying their product when their stock runs out. The port and aft OGM lights have been fine. It's the starboard that leaked (now 2 separate units) with condensation on the inside. I'll leave on and take sealant around the entire unit. Can't figure out where it can leak in from. Maybe sealant around the glass in front, because the back was totally sealed.

That all being said, if you're not already stuck with OGM, run away...

And SMJ, please go online to BBB and file the complaint. It takes only a couple minutes and if enough people do it, BBB might take some further action.

I just submitted a claim with the BBB of Maryland online (easy to do.) I would hope that others do the same. It doesn't feel real good to be ripped off and ignored like this . I doubt she handles her military contracts in the same way.
SaulTeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 14:57   #19

Boat: Manta 40

Their offices are closed and their space is up for rent by Christies! Amazing that they continue to sell and take people's money!!!!

https://www.longandfoster.com/commer...1403-110112199
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 15:36   #20
smj

Boat: Searunner 38 catamaran

I heard they had a booth and were making sales at the Annapolis boat show

smj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine