Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 12:24   #1
GreatKetch

Navman Customer Service

I'll throw some comments into this forum to prime the pump and make it useful...

I had a problem with my communication between my Navman instruments that I could not solve. I called the USA distributor, Brunswick New Technologies, and immediately was connected with a knowledgeable technical type. Several minutes of discussion and we narrowed the cause down to a failure of the autopilots main processing unit. I was immediately issued an RMA and sent the unit back.

It took about two weeks fro them to process the RMA and call me for documentation of purchase date for warrantee processing. They sent me a complete new unit to replace the defective one. Total turn around, including shipping both ways: 3 weeks. Total cost, only the cost for me to ship the old one to them.

Note, I was given the option to have the new unit shipped immediately if I paid for it with a credit card that would be reversed when they received the old unit. I wasn’t in enough of a rush to bother with that.

On the whole, I was very happy. The process was smooth and simple.
Old 02-11-2006, 13:27   #2

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Yeah Navman looked after me real welll. We had 2 of there big screen speeed logs. At times our cat could get pretty wet, a speed thing, and the screens were fogging up to the point where they were unreadable. Took them back to Glascraft Marine in Brisbane where we purchased them, a phonecall latter and walked out with 2 new ones.

Wish everyone was that efficient, Navico wouldn't return phone or emails when there tiller pilot died on the same boat. Bailed up the rep at a boat show and eventually they came back and said it was never designed to get wet. figure that one out.

Dave
cat man do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 18:07   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I thought I would post this into this subject as well seeing as we are on the subject. It is from another thread that was discussing fule monitoring and a comment about Navman being sold and qulaity was raised. That's not the first time, so I though it worth while me contacting Navman and asking the question.

OK here's the story. I have just got off the phone with a fantasticly helpful Navman person from Auckland head office.
I was pretty well spot on with my first reply. BNT is the company for sale, NOT Navman as such. BNT is a division of Brunswick, that take care of the Marine electronics. Brunswick and BNT are a major Investment company. It is the Investment company that is for sale. Brunswick have little to no hands on involvment in any of the portfolios they own. And in the marine industry, their is little that they don't own. They are like a Shareholder that buy's and sell's shares on the market, hopefully buyin low and selling high and making a profit. BNT are just that, being sold by Brunswick the parent Investment company to make money. They have no hands on involment with Navman at all.
As I also stated, MX Marine and Northstar are also owned by BNT. In fact, this company is so big and deals with such big finacila numbers, that they could easily buy Simrad if they wanted.

ALL Navman products are made in New Zealand. Recently, All MX and Northstar manufacturing was also shifted to NZ. The only product still made outside of NZ is the VHF radios'.
All three product names are all made in the same factory using the same equipment, same expertese and same quality. And I think we all know the reputation of products like Northstar and MX marine. So having Navman made along with those two names speaks volumes.
QC is like second to none and Navman takes great pride in customer service. That was made very clear to me this afternoon by the fantastic help and attitude of the person I talked with.
Thankyou Navman

To qualify my role, I have absolutely no affiliation nor financial or any other benifit with Navman.

Although I would mind a hat or T shirt ;-)

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote