Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2010, 20:18   #1

Boat: Irwin 325cc, "Second Wind"
Great Customer Service!

It seems that more and more companies care less and less about their customers being happy, and I certainly have a long list of negative experiences, which is why when a company gets it right I like to let people know about it. Recently thru an online retailer I purchased a Clipper wind instrument which arrived with a broken wind vane on the masthead unit due to an internal packaging failure. I contacted the parent company, Nasamarine in England, about it expecting the usual runaround. They replied back requesting my address so they could send out a replacement, no arguments, no request for a credit card to cover shipping, no hassles at all! They sent the unit air freight from Europe for free! It arrived here in Michigan today, a little over a week after initial contact. Stellar service!! The unit has been powered up and functions normally. Now I just need to install it all, hopefully it passes the long term durability test.(I love motorcycles too and know about British electrics ) Anyway, I figured it might be nice to read about a positive CS experience for a change instead of the usual..........
Mi2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 21:59   #2

Boat: Islander 36
FRIDGEFREEZE.

Bought a unit from them that came with shipping damage. The basically built a seconed one and shipped it out ASAP.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:59   #3

Boat: boatless atm
Send a message via MSN to bobfnbw
I agree.
I will not do busness with a company more than once that doesn't understand good customer service.
Companies that have great service IMO are jamestown distributors and defender. I also like sailrite alot as well. And Peter Kennedy yacht sales and genuine dealz for electrical stuff.
sometimes I just want the cheaper price, so I go where that is. Some times it works out, sometimes not.
I will only go to west marine or places like that if I need something NOW. And most times they don't have it, but will offer to order it at 40% more than I can get online. Plus they will do me the courtesy of charging me tax.
But the real PITA's are some of the local companies that work on boats. They like to take your money but don't give good service. So I do my own work, and learn the hard way!
Old 27-03-2010, 07:06   #4

Boat: Irwin 325cc, "Second Wind"
Bobfnbw; I concur. If a company treats me badly, I will not do business with them again. I may not be able to change their policies, but I can vote with my wallet. I too do all my own work, often learning as I go, partly because I enjoy knowing "whats under the hood and how it works" as a matter of self sufficiency, and partly because of a near 80% failure rate when outside hands get involved. It sux having to re-repair work you just paid to have done. Minggat; I looked at their website and didn't see any appliances. Could ya post a link? I may be in the market for a boat fridge this summer and would like to check out their line. Hows it working for ya so far?
Mi2ndWind is offline   Reply With Quote