Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2014, 07:51   #16

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
ANOTHER UDPATE

After installing the new display for the unit in South Africa it did not take long to discover that the same issues with the guard zone alarm are there. Very disheartening after spending as much money trying to repair the unit as I did for the initial purchase, and still no joy. Yes it worked fine as a radar for everything other than the guard zone alarm feature which in my case is why I purchased it.

About a year later in Colombia both the radome and display stopped working entirely. I suspect this is from a lightening strike but cant be sure. I cant justify replacing or repairing it as it never worked to my satisfaction and Furuno would/could never get it to work as it should. I rely mostly on my AIS for collision avoidance and I'm not sailing my boat solo across oceans so much these days now that my circumnavigation is finished.

-Kirk
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furuno, radar, reviews