Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2016, 06:01   #1

Don't buy Highfield 250 rollup dinghy

Hi all,

I made a forum account especially to warn everyone about Highfields 250 rollup model dinghy.

I have a very bad experience with this dinghy and have received almost no understanding and customer service from Highfield afterwards.

Sorry for a long story but I want to get the facts out.

I bought a Highfield mix roll up 250 in February in Guadeloupe for a staggering 2300€, but hey, everything is expensive in the Carib and I thought buying a well known brand like Highfield would assure a good buy which would last for many years.

Unfortunately after two months (!) there were 3 major problems with the 250 roll up dinghy:

1. the wooden floor boards lost the paint and were delaminating.
2. The front floorboard damaged the bottom of the boat because of the sharp edge and lack of an inflatable keel.
3. There is no place to put the rope, just one sloppy handle in the middle which is not designed to hold the rope and therefore is damaged when the dinghy is next to the boat while at anchor.

The shop in Guadeloupe, uship, recognized my problems and confirmed this is a bad design and they will not continue selling this model after seeing my issues.

The worst part is I tried to get this very clear warranty case sorted out with Highfield since may. It is now August (!!) and after many phonecalls and emails from my side the factory comes up with the solution to send me an inflatable floor. This fixes only one out of three problems (the damaged floorboards). In my view the dinghy is badly designed and put on the market without proper testing. Now Highfield interprets customer "service" as me calling them all the time and comes with a solution which is no solution. I can't believe Highfield puts it's name on the line like this and makes its customers pay for product testing. I still hope this is all one big misunderstanding and someone from customer service helps me sort this mess out. But I can't advice you otherwise: don't buy the highfield roll up 250 model!!

I will put pictures online soon.
Njord84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, Highfield, Mix 250 rollup