Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2012, 20:23   #16

Re: Cruise RO water maker -what do you think about these?

Thanks Thatboatguy will be change next time that I am on board, that why I love a blog people always bring amazing point.

Thanks again
SvLetitgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:40   #17

Boat: searching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboatguy View Post
The thing I like best of all about CruiseRO is that they are built with non-proprietary parts. You are *not* stuck buying membranes or filters or anything else from them down the line. Although, when I went to purchase pre-filters for my own watermaker, they had the best deal on them online anywhere... go figure. I completely agree about the manual operation. I can turn knobs and flip switches with the best of them and I can fully understand the simple workings of plumbing and basic wiring. But an electronic circuit board hooked to servos and relays and... ugh! It's asking for trouble.

George
I have an Echotec 12V - 13gph - same concept and I fully agree that having a simple build manual machine withe non-proprietary parts is the wat to go. Even if it means to use more AH than the proprietary low power units!
I personally decided for Echotec as I think they us the better pumps and valves. I went for 12V as I can run it from Solar, Engine and Honda over the charger, but I guess thats a personal choice.
swisscraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 00:14   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Kadey Krogen 42, previously Kalik 44

Too bad I didn't read this sooner! We installed a Cruise RO on our boat about 2 years ago. I think we bought his first or second vertically-mounted unit. I LOVED it!!! It actually made more water than was rated, ran perfectly from the Honda 2000, parts are easy to find anywhere. It's not real "pretty", but it makes sense and you can "see" how it all works. The customer service is wonderful as well!! I can't say enough good things about them. If there's anyone else interested in buying one, don't hesitate! Rich (the owner) is also a cruiser, so he knows the ins and outs of it all....
SpringWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:06   #19

Re: Cruise RO Water Maker -What Do You Think About These ?

Curious as to how folks experience since the march post above has panned out. Still happy?

I'm looking at putting in a 30 gph unit )in the 220V 50 Hz mode), and initially running it from my 3000W inverter whilst my engines are running. Eventually I'll get a Honda, but I will likely have to wait until leaving North America to source a Honda with the required voltage/frequency.
Morrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:30   #20

Boat: Voyage 500
Re: Cruise RO Water Maker -What Do You Think About These ?

We originally installed a Cruise RO SM40 Water Maker in 2017. This summer we upgraded our unit with a new HP pump, the new Automatic Regulating Boost pump, a new control panel, built-in TDS, auto divert solenoid, and upgraded our auto flush. Our original installation was completed by a company in Charleston who did a terrible job. So when we took on this upgrade we replumbed, rewired, and reinstalled essentially, the entire system, again. We now know this piece of equipment like it was our own appendage. Charlie from Cruise RO is a magician! He is extremely personable, helpful, and exceptionally knowledgeable. No doubt we will get even more life out of this unit and spend even fewer days needing to hit a marina for water.

s/v SERENITY
Divedoug68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, water