I find myself in possession of a custom +30 year old 37' aluminum
that has reached the point where it needs a good refit
She's probably good for a ~500 to 800 mile sail down to the Philippines
(currently in Japan) were the work can be done at a much more reasonable rate.
My main concern is finding a good, reputable outfit that can work with aluminum
boat fabrication, can do interior
fit-out in addition to structural modification, rigging
work. Modern facilities would be nice as I would like to stay on station while the work progresses.
Here is my menu of work to be done:
- strip out all interior
- sand down interior, weld out any pinholes/corrosion
- relocate engine
(currently in the middle of the cabin) to companionway
- replace all thru hulls. seacocks, etc.
- repaint interior bare aluminum with anti-corrosion and epoxy
- replumb, rewire, reinsulate and recover interior
- install new interior using hardwoods and HDPE
- bottom job to bare aluminum with epoxy
layer then bottom paint
That's a broad overview, there are specifics, but this would take far too long to detail in one post.
So... Does anyone know of a good outfit at can do this sort of work at a reasonable rate?
re-insulate and recover headliner/walls