Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2009, 07:56   #1

Boat: Hans Christian 38T- Oblivion
Send a message via Skype™ to tardog
Blue Sea Systems Multimeter

A couple of months ago I ordered a Mini multimeter from an online retailer...in a nutshell, the device broke fairly quickly. I e-mailed both the retailer and Blue Sea Systems and asked how to go about sending it in for service. The retailer never replied to any e-mail about service. No big surprise.

But for the record, I received fantastic customer service from Blue Sea. They sent me a new multimeter without making me go through all the hassles of providing receipts and/or sending my old one in first. They shipped out a new one immediately and sent along a pre-paid UPS label for the old one. I love the multimeter and honestly believe I just got a rare defective one.

It's rare these days when you actually receive good customer service, and for that I'll do what I can to support Blue Sea Systems and their products. Thanks!
tardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 08:37   #2

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo
Thumbs up Blue Seas Customer Service

I would also give Blue Seas a big thumbs up for excellent customer service!!!!!! I have had the need for advice and some small parts like LEDs and lables for a distribution panel, and they provided both without hesitation or charge. To top it all off, their equipment is excellent quality and well thought out.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
captain465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 09:33   #3

Boat: Mariner 32 ketch- Independence
Tardog,
Who was the retailer? We could all benefit from this kind of info.
San Juan Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 10:27   #4

Boat: Beneteau 35s5
Blue Sea 12 V panel

I installed a blue sea system panel March of 08, in September i was hit by lightning and it fried every thing on the boat. For some reason the surveyor refused to replace the new panel so I called Blue Sea Systems to find out how to test the panel for problems. Without any questions they requested my address to send me a new panel (no charge not even shipping). I received it about a week after my call.

Aside from their service they build a great product.

Kudos to Blue Sea Systems and their customer service policy.
Old 11-04-2009, 17:19   #5

I bought Blue Sea panels a few months ago for a refit and got around to installing them recently. In the interim, I lost one terminal screwbolt and munged a label. When I emailed to ask how to go about finding replacements, the reply came a week later and said the parts were in the mail. Amazing service.
clearsea is offline   Reply With Quote