Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 14:40   #46

Re: Best Choice for BBQ grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Yes, I know a couple of guys who have them. The tritip and chicken they cooked on their grills were the juiciest and most tender I've ever had. That's what convinced me to get an infrared grill.

There are only 2 flaws with it. The lid is very low, you can't put a tall roast or a whole chicken in there. It's also $450 for a fairly small grill, which is a ridiculous amount of money for a grill that will eventually rust, even though it's SS.

That's why I chose the Charbroil Grill2go. Same size cooking surface, but a much taller lid, and it's less than $100 for a portable infrared grill that will last a very long time and heats up to around 700*. I love it!
Still happy with the CharBroil? Anyone rave about other grills? The Magma on my new used boat keeps going out. I can't tell if it's the wind or regulator.
Joe Deepwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 14:45   #47

I had a Char-Broil grill .it was good while it lasted about a year and a half. I had three magma grills as well. By far the best grill I have owned on the boat is a Weber 2000
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 15:50   #48
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

QUOTE=motion30;2817657]I had a Char-Broil grill .it was good while it lasted about a year and a half. I had three magma grills as well. By far the best grill I have owned on the boat is a Weber 2000[/QUOTE]

How much bigger is the Weber 2000 vs the 1200 for a boat?
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 15:52   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Deepwater View Post
Still happy with the CharBroil? Anyone rave about other grills? The Magma on my new used boat keeps going out. I can't tell if it's the wind or regulator.
Yes, still very happy with the Grill2go. As a matter of fact, I have 3 of them now. One for each trailer and one has now replaced my home grill. I've done countless tritips, ribeye steaks and recently did 2 ribeye roasts. Everything comes out much juicier than on a traditional grill.

They tend to cook pretty hot, even with the temp. set at min. or windy conditions, which don't seem to bother it at all, they have very little venting. I've gotten used to it and now wedge a small piece of metal under the edge of the lid to prop it up about 1/2" - 3/4" and keep the temp. down to 350* instead of climbing up to 600*, which it can even if left on low.

A couple of my friends had a little bit of trouble adjusting to how hot it gets on low, but once you do, you realize how much propane it's saving you by not wasting heat like many other grills do.

If you're apprehensive, try and find a used one. I bought my 2nd one for $50 and the 3rd one for $60. Both had very little use and worked perfectly. If you don't like it, you can always resell it and get your money back.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 15:59   #50

the Weber 1200 is a 189 square inch of cook surface.the 2000 has 280 square inch of cook surface. certainly not too big for a boat
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 16:11   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamhass View Post
We have been more than pleased with our Kuuma grills. First one lasted 7 years (really) and was still working when we replaced it, but a bit tired.

Plus, the company has very good customer service. Our new one "lost" a part overboard and the company sent us a replacement no charge.
Bought my Kuuma in 07 still works but I will replace for this season. Never had an issue with the burner. The stainless diffuser plate has burnt through after over 10 years use on two boats and lots of campsite tables.
I guess I will by another one.

Only complaint the plastic handle melted on the screw for the rail holder. Replaced with a SS bolt from local hardware store.
Uricanejack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grill