Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2015, 08:28   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: VZ 16
Antifouling at USVI/BVI

Hey,

I am looking for a antifouling service at USVI/BVI. SO far I have one offer but looks really expensive to me so would like to ask about your experience out there or where to find a service
Jack_Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:48   #2
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Re: Antifouling at USVI/BVI

What is an "anti fouling service"? Are you looking for a hull diver or someone to paint your hull?
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:00   #3
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
What is an "anti fouling service"? Are you looking for a hull diver or someone to paint your hull?
yeap I am looking somenone to do a Sea Hawk bottom paint. Mine main problem below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0242.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	412.8 KB
ID:	112274  
Old 05-11-2015, 10:03   #4

Boat: Freedom Express 39 cat ketch
Antifouling at USVI/BVI

Can I ask why you've chosen Seahawk? They have had some pretty bad press lately with paint adhesion and some other issues you can read about by checking on Google.

If you are looking at Islands 77 in the USVI then I think your only option is probably Independant Boatyard. Their rates are here http://ibyvi.com/rates.html

If you want a much more effective paint, like Islands 44, that contains chemicals that are banned for application in the US, but legal in the BVI, then you would be looking at probably Nanny Cay on Tortola or Spanishtown on Virgin Gorda.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Rubikoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:51   #5
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubikoop View Post
Can I ask why you've chosen Seahawk? They have had some pretty bad press lately with paint adhesion and some other issues you can read about by checking on Google.
Seahawk was a proposal of one of the USVI companies that want to make it

Quote:
If you are looking at Islands 77 in the USVI then I think your only option is probably Independant Boatyard. Their rates are here Rates for Independent Boat Yard, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
Was there personaly and they will do it.

Quote:
If you want a much more effective paint, like Islands 44, that contains chemicals that are banned for application in the US, but legal in the BVI, then you would be looking at probably Nanny Cay on Tortola or Spanishtown on Virgin Gorda.
Yacht was cleaned and antifouling was done in May 2015 but when yacht was loaded I noticed that what you can see in my previous text.

Wondering if it is worth to do it now or do it in next 3-4 months. :l

Honestly reason why thinking about it is that a yacht lost a speed.

3 months ago she could make 34 knots and now 23 is a max :/
I have MAN engines and ordered an official MAN service to check out what happened.