Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07   #316

Boat: Mac 26X
Pretty deep stuff man
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04   #317

Boat: 45ft Ketch
Re: Piracy :-/

Group9;"The bigger problem with drugs in our society is what is it about our society, that has made such a large percentage of our population require mind altering substances, to cope with general life."

Absolutely!!!!!
DumnMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25   #318
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Piracy :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumnMad View Post
Group9;"The bigger problem with drugs in our society is what is it about our society, that has made such a large percentage of our population require mind altering substances, to cope with general life."

Absolutely!!!!!
LMAO.... mind altering drugs in one form or another have been around as long as man... and the % is pretty much the same I'd imagine... considering drug statistics is a newish fad in the scheme of things...
Another twisted thing to my mind is addiction.. everyone is an addict in one form or another.. sugar-coffee-tobacco-alcohol-pot-coke-chocolate-sex... if you like something your an addict..
Yup... even the folk who do none of the above...
They're just addicted to 'Self Righteousness'... or some god or the other

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:40   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
LMAO.... mind altering drugs in one form or another have been around as long as man... and the % is pretty much the same I'd imagine... considering drug statistics is a newish fad in the scheme of things...
Another twisted thing to my mind is addiction.. everyone is an addict in one form or another.. sugar-coffee-tobacco-alcohol-pot-coke-chocolate-sex... if you like something your an addict..
That's okay. I didn't really expect any people taking drugs to agree with me.
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51   #320

LMAO too. Stay on ya boat and keep away from prisons and y'all be OK.

If ya like paying tax to pay for the cost of crime & support the miserable drug dependent addicts thats OK too.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:59   #321

Boat: OEM, proportional

Quote:
what is it about our society, that has made such a large percentage of our population require mind altering substances
One of the main causes is, the music. Even the ancient greeks knew the power of music to change a culture.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:10   #322
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
That's okay. I didn't really expect any people taking drugs to agree with me.
Quote:
LMAO too. Stay on ya boat and keep away from prisons and y'all be OK.

If ya like paying tax to pay for the cost of crime & support the miserable drug dependent addicts thats OK too.
Funny how quick some folk are to pin a label... especially ex law enforcement/agency/support military... amongst the most bent folk around..
As for NZ... you aint left the Maori's much else.. apart from drugs n alcohol.. you've screwed them for everything else

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18   #323

Boat: grampian 26

More people die of old age than any other cause. I would support a ban as I am on the down hill side of this ride.
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:28   #324

Quote:
Funny how quick some folk are to pin a label... especially ex law enforcement/agency/support military... amongst the most bent folk around..
As for NZ... you aint left the Maori's much else.. apart from drugs n alcohol.. you've screwed them for everything else
A bit weird you slot Maori into your label. They're a great & successful people.
Like all groups there are some who opt out.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:42   #325
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
A bit weird you slot Maori into your label. They're a great & successful people.
Like all groups there are some who opt out.
Hmmm... guess it all depends on who your talking to.. most white Kiwi's I've met don't have much time for em.. trailer trash to borrow a US phrase..
and most Maori's I've met wish the white folk would just leave.

Old 04-03-2013, 13:00   #326

Quote:

your list boatman looks like the makings of a very good weekend to me
Old 04-03-2013, 13:09   #327
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
And, most agents are probably more like the drug dealers themselves than true fanantics, in other words, mercenaries
Cheers for the response .

I am not surprised - was just interested to see how the "boots on the ground" viewed it all. I guess same as any job, nod along with the boss as required, do what is requested (even when it involves a chunk of stupidity )........and cash the cheque .

I can't disagree with your view greatly, except perhaps that I don't see any and all recreational drugs being freely available as a problem for a society!

As Boatman says, folks having been getting off their nuts for one reason or another since year dot . I doubt very much the percentages have greatly changed of those for whom doing so becomes a major personal problem. But a personal problem only becomes a problem for a society either by weight of numbers - or by intentionally making it so, like with a costly and unwinnable "War on Drugs".

In the West most folks have access to plenty of mood and mind altering substances that are not only legal but actually do f#ck up peoples lives every bit as much as drugs. Principally among them is alcohol ......but you could also spend yer life sniffing stuff like gasoline quite legally and cheaply....and nowadays for most people in the west illegal drugs are likely only a few footsteps (contacts) away.......but most folks choose not to do most of those things, and the rest not to the point of self destruction. Must be a fundamental reason for that which has nothing to do with da Gubberment - I reckon most folks have a limit on own stupidity, those who don't will always find a way to do so......IMO the trick is to let them do it in a way that does not cost the rest of society in cash and / or being a PITA .

I blame the Puritans for the modern day illegal drug "problem" .

IMO the cure for the drug problem is.......Heroin! - accept no substitutes at no cost in cash terms for the user, just in control via the medical profession. Have a problem with crack? take Heroin and problem is sorted .........Most junkies don't want to be doing crime because most junkies is lazy and would be happier instead off their heads.....and often enough are the freindliest people in the world - well, at least when they are "sorted" ...........but I suspect I am a little bit ahead of my time on this approach ........but would make a nice dent in the deficits.....
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 13:38   #328
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Cheers for the response .

I am not surprised - was just interested to see how the "boots on the ground" viewed it all. I guess same as any job, nod along with the boss as required, do what is requested (even when it involves a chunk of stupidity )........and cash the cheque .

I can't disagree with your view greatly, except perhaps that I don't see any and all recreational drugs being freely available as a problem for a society!

As Boatman says, folks having been getting off their nuts for one reason or another since year dot . I doubt very much the percentages have greatly changed of those for whom doing so becomes a major personal problem. But a personal problem only becomes a problem for a society either by weight of numbers - or by intentionally making it so, like with a costly and unwinnable "War on Drugs".

In the West most folks have access to plenty of mood and mind altering substances that are not only legal but actually do f#ck up peoples lives every bit as much as drugs. Principally among them is alcohol ......but you could also spend yer life sniffing stuff like gasoline quite legally and cheaply....and nowadays for most people in the west illegal drugs are likely only a few footsteps (contacts) away.......but most folks choose not to do most of those things, and the rest not to the point of self destruction. Must be a fundamental reason for that which has nothing to do with da Gubberment - I reckon most folks have a limit on own stupidity, those who don't will always find a way to do so......IMO the trick is to let them do it in a way that does not cost the rest of society in cash and / or being a PITA .

I blame the Puritans for the modern day illegal drug "problem" .

IMO the cure for the drug problem is.......Heroin! - accept no substitutes at no cost in cash terms for the user, just in control via the medical profession. Have a problem with crack? take Heroin and problem is sorted .........Most junkies don't want to be doing crime because most junkies is lazy and would be happier instead off their heads.....and often enough are the freindliest people in the world - well, at least when they are "sorted" ...........but I suspect I am a little bit ahead of my time on this approach ........but would make a nice dent in the deficits.....
Could even make a profit.. tabacco companies make 'Tailored THC Ciggies'.. heroin/cocaine sold in Pharmacies in regulated strengths.. like alcohol... unemployable with a state scrip..
Reduce crime and boost the budget in one..
Contrary to popular belief.. joints do not lead to syringes..
thats pure propoganda.. people have and addiction gene, or they don't.. simple as that.. they will screw themselves up regardless the route... its like saying a weak shandy at the age of 14 turns you into an alcoholic... Moronic

Old 04-03-2013, 13:42   #329

Boat: Joubert Koala 24
Abortion? That's a social benefit, not a social problem.

Check out the crime stats after you legalise abortion... They nose dive.

Turns out unwanted kids turn into criminals ... Who'd have thought?
Tomm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 13:55   #330

Boat: OEM, proportional

Quote:
Check out the crime stats after you legalise abortion... They nose dive.
Commit a crime to prevent the possibility of one. Great idea! Only, we seem to have missed a few....Canberra's population of highly successful criminals is having a wide impact.