Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 20:08   #16

Boat: Le Zephyr, MacGregor 26M
Whoops I meant this is what I use for hot water not a bidet
Québec 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:12   #17

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: Onboard bidet

I should hope so it might be just a little warm for the nether area !!! LOL Bob and Connie
bobconnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:21   #18

Boat: Beneteau 461 47'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Québec 1 View Post
Woops i meant This is what I use for hot water..... Not a bidet

..please don't be offended if I turn down your "chicken boullion" when offered
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:26   #19

I'm still smiling at the whole bidet on a boat idea.. and i'm suprised Beneteau or Jeanneau haven't shown one off on their 50+ft'ers at a show yet.

Usual virgin sailor onboard walkthough talk:
".. and this is the heads. Have you used a marine toilet before? No. Right then, after you're done.. and don't use much paper you'll block the joker valve, yes.. this thing.. flip this switch, turn this handle, pump until it's well and truely gone, pump a few more times.. like this.. then flip the switch and pump until the water's gone altogether.. then lock the handle back in place: very important!

.. er.. this thing.. erm: I guess you haven't used a marine BIDET before!? well it's similar to the toilet except the water comes the other way and you pump the handle while you're sat down...."
Old 01-03-2012, 20:55   #20

Boat: <sold the 140' steel flybridge ketch & Hunter CC

[QUOTE=Cavalier;899520]I'm still smiling at the whole bidet on a boat idea.. and i'm suprised Beneteau or Jeanneau haven't shown one off on their 50+ft'ers at a show yet. /QUOTE]

Cavalier,
You / they got the idea.
Visted the Groupe Beneteau CNB factory in Dec 2011 and they had 2 CNB 60's there with bidets. One on the assembly line and the other which we toured awaiting shipment. The Admiral had asked about that option and they went out of their way to show us that others also wanted them. FYI

John
Johnny Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 21:01   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cruiser View Post
Cavalier,
You / they got the idea.
Visted the Groupe Beneteau CNB factory in Dec 2011 and they had 2 CNB 60's there with bidets. One on the assembly line and the other which we toured awaiting shipment. The Admiral had asked about that option and they went out of their way to show us that others also wanted them. FYI

John
Good grief! ..only a matter of time until the forward V-berth gets offered with a home-theatre media-room option! What's next? authentic pizza ovens?
Old 01-03-2012, 21:29   #22

Boat: <sold the 140' steel flybridge ketch & Hunter CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Good grief! ..only a matter of time until the forward V-berth gets offered with a home-theatre media-room option! What's next? authentic pizza ovens?
Cavalier,
In San Diego Mid Nov 2011 they had a new Jeanneau 57 being upgraded before the owners took possession. The V Berth for the 5 yr old twin daughters HAD a Bose Home Movie System installed. The pass thru bedroom for the 8 yr old boy (the big kid) had a small refrig for his sodas! EVERY room sans heads had a big flat screen TV with Blue Ray/DVD/CD players. Galley/Saloon had icemaker, winecooler, Kitchen style standup full SS refrigerator/freezer, 2 watermakers, underwater lights and camera, washer/dryer, hydronic heating, sep ac/hp for each room (sans heads) etc etc. $ 178,770.16 in extra's dealer installed. We had hoped to go back and see it when completed before it left week before Christmas but have not made it back to the states yet. What people are putting on their new boats has floored me. We had a Jeanneau 57 top of our list then so the broker went out of his way to show off this boat. Item I did like was 110V GFI's in every room incl heads & @ Nav Station.
Was very well decked out Lady IMHO!
John
Johnny Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 21:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cruiser View Post
Cavalier,
In San Diego Mid Nov 2011 they had a new Jeanneau 57 being upgraded before the owners took possession. The V Berth for the 5 yr old twin daughters HAD a Bose Home Movie System installed. The pass thru bedroom for the 8 yr old boy (the big kid) had a small refrig for his sodas! EVERY room sans heads had a big flat screen TV with Blue Ray/DVD/CD players. Galley/Saloon had icemaker, winecooler, Kitchen style standup full SS refrigerator/freezer, 2 watermakers, underwater lights and camera, washer/dryer, hydronic heating, sep ac/hp for each room (sans heads) etc etc. $ 178,770.16 in extra's dealer installed. We had hoped to go back and see it when completed before it left week before Christmas but have not made it back to the states yet. What people are putting on their new boats has floored me. We had a Jeanneau 57 top of our list then so the broker went out of his way to show off this boat. Item I did like was 110V GFI's in every room incl heads & @ Nav Station.
Was very well decked out Lady IMHO!
John
"but wait! why does the mast have 4 booms, and why are they all attached to the masthead and offset by 90 degrees?"
"..oh that!? that's actually the wind generator required to drive the hot-tub you requested installed next to the entertainment system and AC units..."

I would love to spend a week or two on a vessel like that just to find out whether it'd improve your at-anchor experience or whether you'd feel "owned by your possessions, man" (to steal a line from Tyler Durden).
Old 01-03-2012, 22:57   #24

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Gosh and Connie was happy when I put a head aboard and she did not have to use the bucket anymore !!LOLOL Bob and Connie
bobconnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 23:51   #25

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Poor mans bidet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bidet.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	38181  
Old 02-03-2012, 00:10   #26

Boat: Corbin Ketch 39ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinekling View Post
Small boat = small head = handheld shower on hose that reaches to the head.

Problem solved.

Only remaining problem is that distance to water heater means I would have to run water til warm. Not willing to do that, so brrrrr.
Simply tee into hot water line at shower, add valve and plumbing to return the water back to the tank. Open valve for a minute or so before you shower. Instant hot water for your shower
Jubilee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 00:17   #27

Re: Onboard Bidet

Go Commando.....
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26   #28

We had a friend onboard once who had been talking for ages about getting a small boat and going around the world. When the time came for him to use the head, he asked about bidet.

After some incredulous looks all around, he "downgraded" by saying that in this case he needed a full shower after each use of the head We sent him for a swim instead... One time during the trip he actually managed to use the shower and we ran out of water mid-passage.

He's still planning this small boat around the world thing, but we don't take him sailing with us any more.

Regarding bidets: Turkish people are very clean. In most cases even public toilets (not in overly touristy areas) are sparkling. They even have yearly competitions on the cleanest toilet chains. The best public toilets (usually gas stations) have fresh cut flowers, candles, plastic on the seats, etc. Every toilet has some form of bidet built in: either as a part of the actual toilet there is a tap on the back wall of the seat, or a separate tap with bucket that is kept clean [that's why the left hand is considered unclean].

Well, on boats even Turks use regular heads with a shower head. Only bigger gulets have the proper toilet with bidet built in. But, if really pressed, you could install such a thing yourself on the back of the head.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28   #29
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

I have seen marine type toilets with built in bidet but there is also this add on

EnvironmentalBidet Bidet Hygiene Supreme
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:47   #30

About 2 cup of water, washrag, soap = PTA bath. Mama taught me that....
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote