Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2012, 11:55   #121
Registered User
 
Sailor g's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bean View Post
Anybody tried Eco Click? It's from Italy. It makes a piezoelectric spark that supposedly neutralizes the histaminic reaction in the skin.
Ouch! Not sure that would be good. I think the bite may hurt less.
__________________

__________________
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 11:57   #122
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,777
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: OMG I Am Being Eaten Alive!

those skeeterz i dont kill with autan on me i use my skeeter tazer--looks like a tennis racket and i win....pop...pop....pop.....rodl
__________________

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 12:45   #123
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central California
Boat: Samson C Mist 32
Posts: 484
Re: OMG I Am Being Eaten Alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor g View Post
Ouch! Not sure that would be good. I think the bite may hurt less.
I experienced Eco Click in Costa Rica (not enough to know whether it works) and it was far less discomfort than a mosquito bite. Far, far less, for a tiny fraction of a second. Totally negligible.
__________________
Steve Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 14:30   #124
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: OMG I Am Being Eaten Alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor g View Post
Ouch! Not sure that would be good. I think the bite may hurt less.
Heat will release histemin(sp?)Hot water ,hairdryer so hot that it makes you itch real bad for a few seconds and then you will not itch any more,sounds strange but take it from someone that takes poison ivy so bad it makes my eyes swell shut! When I get it I put the hair dryer to it and it never itchs again..I used to suffer from poison ivy for weeks at a time until I discovered heat was the cure all for all that itchs,it really works..If its just a bug bite hold a ciger close to it until you feel the histomean release(intense itch for a second or so)then it wont bother you anymore,dont burn yourself!
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 15:27   #125
Registered User
 
Sailor g's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Heat will release histemin(sp?)Hot water ,hairdryer so hot that it makes you itch real bad for a few seconds and then you will not itch any more,sounds strange but take it from someone that takes poison ivy so bad it makes my eyes swell shut! When I get it I put the hair dryer to it and it never itchs again..I used to suffer from poison ivy for weeks at a time until I discovered heat was the cure all for all that itchs,it really works..If its just a bug bite hold a ciger close to it until you feel the histomean release(intense itch for a second or so)then it wont bother you anymore,dont burn yourself!
Wow! I have never heard of that-wish I knew about it growing up in Michigan where mosquitos are in giant swarms! Now I have another reason for my hair dryer! I will definitely try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bean View Post

I experienced Eco Click in Costa Rica (not enough to know whether it works) and it was far less discomfort than a mosquito bite. Far, far less, for a tiny fraction of a second. Totally negligible.
That doesn't sound as bad then. Especially so quick. I may try the hair dryer first though since I'm a baby.

Great Information- Thanks!!
__________________

__________________
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.