Originally Posted by Sailor g
Ouch! Not sure that would be good. I think the bite may hurt less.
Heat will release histemin(sp?)Hot water
,hairdryer so hot that it makes you itch real bad for a few seconds and then you will not itch any more,sounds strange but take it from someone that takes poison ivy so bad it makes my eyes swell shut! When I get it I put the hair dryer to it and it never itchs again..I used to suffer from poison ivy for weeks at a time until I discovered heat was the cure all for all that itchs,it really works..If its just a bug bite hold a ciger close to it until you feel the histomean release(intense itch for a second or so)then it wont bother you anymore,dont burn yourself!