Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2010, 21:30   #1

Boat: Norman Cross 46
New Item in First Aid Kit ?

Good friends of ours recommended us getting one of these pen-like things after a friend of theirs who got a gall bladder attack in the middle of the night was able to calm the attack and avoid hospitalization just using one of these:

AMEGA WAND – A BREAK-THROUGH IN WELLNESS « 2feelgoodagain's Blog

I searched Google and got lots of testimonials, video clips, ... but we would like to know if any cruiser has had any personal experience with this product. If it is as positive as it sounds, I will get one to add to our first aid kit. Being far away from medical help quite often, this could really help us, I believe. Or is this another device that is too good to be true???

Appreciate all your comments based on personal experience or from people you trust ... no debates on opinions only, please. I don't really care how it works, I just believe in results If placebo works 100% of the time, that's fine with me too! as long as it works!
lucseawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 21:36   #2

Boat: 382 Diesel Duck
I think you should propose it as a product for the guy who started this thread: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ork-40360.html

-Sven
Old 19-05-2010, 21:59   #3
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucseawalker View Post
If placebo works 100% of the time, that's fine with me too! as long as it works!
I'm happy to sell you whatever placebo you want. Please describe the ailment in general terms and the specific amount you're willing to pay for a product that has no medicinal value whatever.
Old 19-05-2010, 22:43   #4

Hi admit that the MLM part puts me off too. But if the products really works, I would be ready to pay what they sell it for! And that's why I hope to get some testimonials from cruisers who actually used it and can speak the truth as they experienced it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenG View Post
I think you should propose it as a product for the guy who started this thread: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ork-40360.html

-Sven
Old 19-05-2010, 22:56   #5

placebo pills

If you can get me sugar pills that does what some people say this thing does, I would be your first client
I have seen bizarre things happen before! Many non-modern medicines seems to work in some cases: some friends reported great results with bio-magnets by ex.
I tried to believe that the pain I once felt in an accident wasn't real ... but it did not work and I was happy to get some chemicals to dull my senses! But the price to pay when you take chemicals often is too big ! My wife suffers from severe arthritis ... doctors say "tough luck, that's age, nothing we can do about it!" If you have placebos that will relieve her pain and get her fingers to regain their original shape, please, let me know! But I won't buy them from you unless I have testimonials I can trust or a 100% unconditional money back guarantee

But I still hope to get testimonials from people who actually used that wand! Unless anyone has personal experience, there is no need to reply to my blog as opinions are not what I seek ... just personal facts. Tnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
I'm happy to sell you whatever placebo you want. Please describe the ailment in general terms and the specific amount you're willing to pay for a product that has no medicinal value whatever.
Old 20-05-2010, 06:06   #6
Eternal Member

Boat: Vancouver 36 cutter????
Send a message via Skype™ to capt_douglas
When the first four paragraphs start with "What if....", then goes on "It sounds like magic..." I know it's time for my sugar pill, and the next URL. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 20-05-2010, 07:05   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
I have never used one but have to add a post anyway. You can always find someone that will testify to the efficacy of almost anything. Whether from the placebo effect, wishful thinking, or just coincidence that the illness happened to end on its own at the same time the device was tried there will always be someone that thinks it worked.

The only true test of anything device or medication is to conduct a double blind test with a significant sized group of subjects and compare the results. Personal testimonials and anecdotal evidence are not proof in any way at all, ever.

The website for this device says it works by using crystals to focus energy from a quantum void. Really this is up there with pyramid power, magnetic fuel cleaners and secret, 200 mile per gallon carburetors.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 07:50   #8

Boat: 382 Diesel Duck
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
The website for this device says it works by using crystals to focus energy from a quantum void. Really this is up there with pyramid power, magnetic fuel cleaners and secret, 200 mile per gallon carburetors.
Had a Scientologist neighbor who couldn't understand why we kept the results of our work at NASA secret. When we told him that we didn't, that it was non-classified, he responded that the crystals he was selling must be coming from another department that we weren't aware of. Those crystals were amazing for everything from auto air cleaners to laundry etc.. He and his wife declared personal bankruptcy twice in the time we knew them but they kept pulling in money for the "church" all along. Seems like they had a working placebo for life.

-Sven
Old 20-05-2010, 08:01   #9

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya
I did a little probing on internet about this company. Seems they want $914.00 for this thing. Also looks like a large international firm. One lead physics researcher said it cured his cancer. Man I am going to start a business like this while cruising someday. Not sure what yet, pet rock taken, maybe magic atlantis beach sand.
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 08:09   #10

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
I've got some bottom land you may be interested in. Full access to the water, sometimes a lot of it.

P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 09:00   #11

Boat: Outbound 44
What a crock!

Paul L
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18   #12

"All bleeding stops" is a truism that applies here.

Sometime things get better even if you don't do anything. Sometimes they don't.

One case of a good outcome doesn't mean that this thing made any difference. That's what clinical research is designed to answer, did the product make a difference when compared to those using a placebo.
Centauro97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 16:05   #13

Update on my own experience so far!

Just an update on my own experience so far. I am surprised that no cruiser so far has any personal experience to share. Either we are too cynical (less gullible some would say or perhaps not interested in new ideas? A long time ago sailors were afraid to sail to the end of the world, as the boat would fall off the planet!!! So I try to keep an open spirit and accept the fact that many things are not know to man yet! I remember reading bad press about LED lights and now I am very happy I did look into it and carefully found great LED lights I use now around my boat! So with that open spirit in mind, I don’t mind do a little research on the internet when I have time and a good wifi connection!

After finding several MD recommending the Amega Wand on the internet (some of these MD seemed legit and serious to me), I decided to get one to try it (having 30-days unconditional money back!).

I can only report so far that the lemon test does work! I cannot see with my eyes what happens but I can definitively taste the difference. I also wanded our wine … and I did it later on 2 other occasions with very 2 skeptical friends (much more wine connoisseurs than me!). To humor me, they did the lemon test and I should have taken video their surprised reaction ! We then all did the wine test and all agreed that the wanded wine tasted a lot better than the un-wanded one! No question about it!

We have been fortunate to not experience any huge pain anywhere (except a leaking fuel injector pump!) so I cannot report anything yet about easing severe pains with the wand … but at least I can now buy cheap wine and taste a much higher quality wine And THAT IS A FACT … no theory!
Old 12-06-2010, 16:27   #14

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V_Surya View Post
I did a little probing on internet about this company. Seems they want $914.00 for this thing. Also looks like a large international firm. One lead physics researcher said it cured his cancer. Man I am going to start a business like this while cruising someday. Not sure what yet, pet rock taken, maybe magic atlantis beach sand.
HaHa.

I just saw it for US 304.00.

HaHa.

Send me 100.00 and I'll send you the link.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 16:33   #15

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucseawalker View Post

And THAT IS A FACT … no theory!
Have you tried the pendant?

What about the Bio-Energetic Products?

Bio-Energetic ProductsAmega Bio-Energetic ION Products use ancient magnetic therapy with state-of-the-art Far Infrared energy to organize your energy field. We combine fashion with the amazing benefits of energetic wellness.
The artifacts of modern civilization have disrupted your energy fields. Therefore, these Bio-Energetic ION products support to counterbalance that effect; it activates negative ions and repels ions to bring your body into homeostasis. A body in complete balance has the capacity to heal itself.
Bio-Energetic ProductsAmega Bio-Energetic ION Products use ancient magnetic therapy with state-of-the-art Far Infrared energy to organize your energy field. We combine fashion with the amazing benefits of energetic wellness.
The artifacts of modern civilization have disrupted your energy fields. Therefore, these Bio-Energetic ION products support to counterbalance that effect; it activates negative ions and repels ions to bring your body into homeostasis. A body in complete balance has the capacity to heal itself.
The artifacts of modern civilization have disrupted your energy fields. Therefore, these Bio-Energetic ION products support to counterbalance that effect; it activates negative ions and repels ions to bring your body into homeostasis. A body in complete balance has the capacity to heal itselfAnd then there is the "opportunities" part of the site..........

Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first aid kit