Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05   #16

Boat: gulfstar 41 aux jenny lynn
I've never herd of CS GAS. But like capngeo Laquer thinner from refinishing furniture was the worst chemical I ever had get into my eyes it really hurts acetone,Methylene cloride,toluene,ect. To me everyone is different but that stuff HURTS and will have you running for water.When I started rinsing my eye it had gotten in it really burnt! I would'nt wish that on anyone a big can of hornet spray is good with a long range much better than pepper spray with only about five feet spray distance.
jenny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:20   #17
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodesman View Post
In the training gas huts, I've seen the trainers breaking open capsules of the stuff and dump in on a hot-plate. The vapour reacts with water, irritating sweaty skin or moist areas (eyes, mucous membranes).
Yes, thats the exact same way we trained with it in the army in the NBC (Nuclear Chemical Biological Warfare) course.
The Tear Gas (CS gas) was for your gas mask drills... they never expected the enemy to use CS gas but mustard gas etc, but it a wonderful 'hurry up" in putting on your mask!

The next days training was about Nerve gas.... and no mask is gunna help you there. That was about the time I thought war might not be so much fun.............

Re Pepper spray. Its only seems to be available in countries where CS gas/Gel is illegal.

Gel seems to have advantages, but its an expensive bottle to play with and test.

Thanks for everyones thoughts

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19   #18

The best stuff I have ever seen is for use on grizzly bears. It is basically a supersized, very high pressure can of capsin spray. Has a range of about 25 feet and comes out so hard and fast it will force it's way into the eyes, up the nose, into the lungs. Nasty stuff. I keep a can for personal defense in my house. I have seen that spray foam stuff. I am not impressed.
beowulfborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 16:24   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulfborealis View Post
The best stuff I have ever seen is for use on grizzly bears. It is basically a supersized, very high pressure can of capsin spray. Has a range of about 25 feet and comes out so hard and fast it will force it's way into the eyes, up the nose, into the lungs. Nasty stuff. I keep a can for personal defense in my house.
You have grizzly bears in your house!? Sheesh...
Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 16:59   #20

Boat: Catalina 27 - Handyman NO# 1229771
Send a message via MSN to tallyhorob
how about some Wasp spray, 20 foot reach and its burns like hell and I'm sure its not on any nations list of unable to have on board
tallyhorob is offline   Reply With Quote