Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I both admire and fear you
I love you too D

; -*

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 11-05-2010, 10:44   #107
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
Does anyone want to guess what the "first rule of self defense" was? It's already been mentioned several times in this thread.
Stay out of trouble to start with?

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 11-05-2010, 10:47   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post
Stay out of trouble to start with?

You win a flower! Well done.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:48   #109

Aren't you supposed to have gun and ammunition stored securely in separate locations? Nation of citizenship is U.S.A., so yes, this is the set of regulations I would need to start with. How does one establish proof of ownership of a handgun that my father owned and that I ended up with upon his death(neither of my siblings wanted it).
Old 11-05-2010, 10:59   #110
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
Does anyone want to guess what the "first rule of self defense" was? It's already been mentioned several times in this thread.
Hide behind an angry woman? (It works - the way of the warrior has many paths )
Old 11-05-2010, 11:02   #111
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsquared View Post
Aren't you supposed to have gun and ammunition stored securely in separate locations? Nation of citizenship is U.S.A., so yes, this is the set of regulations I would need to start with. How does one establish proof of ownership of a handgun that my father owned and that I ended up with upon his death(neither of my siblings wanted it).
Buy a new one p/ex.. get a bill of sale..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:16   #112

Boat: 1969 Morgan 40 Cruising Ketch "Lady Catherine II", 1973 Bristol 34 - "Our Baby"(RIP), Catalina 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsquared View Post
First check your state regs.

Then..

Start here and read:
NRA-ILA ::

Per the ATF you do not need to register federally. If it's not in the will, you will need something from the executor of the estate declaring you have possesion. This is for proof of ownership. You may register federally if you like but it'll cost some $$.

What you will need is the form from Customs when you decide to leave the country with the firearm. I can't find the darn link anymore.....
and peace and tranquility reign forever!
1969 Morgan 40 Cruising Ketch
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19   #113

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
This thread has begun to smell more like a Troll to me.
Old 11-05-2010, 13:05   #114
CLOD

Boat: none
Yes this thread just way out of hand. And I hope a nameless Earth resident finds a nice quiet place to sail off to where there aren't any others so all can be safe.

I VOTE FOR THREAD CLOSURE.............PRETTY PLEASE!
Old 11-05-2010, 13:23   #115

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
There seems to be on these types of forum discussions an idea that whatever your home countries laws are - they absolutely apply to all other countries of the world. In reality, not at all. Each country and even territories of countries have their own laws that vary from "o.k. if you have a permit in your home country" to absolutely not, simple possession is a felony whether you have a permit or not. Some say O.K. if you have their "permit to carry" however you cannot get a permit unless you are a legal resident - "Catch-22 - declaring the weapon proves you guilty."
- - As others have posted, to each their own, but you must be prepared to lie and effectively hide the firepower and be prepared for the consequences should you be discovered to be lying.
- - Pepper Spray - police/military grade of more than 5 million SHU has been used in real life as an effective defensive weapon that is legal. It can be purchased over the internet. It was used in a situation where the cruisers had locked themselves below and the bad guys were trying to break in through the companionway hatch.
- - In any case, you need to be ready and able to immediately get you and your boat out to sea and away from the territorial waters of the country. This brings up the reality that as a "foreigner" you are automatically guilty of injuring/killing a local resident (regardless of the known fact he was a criminal and assaulted you) and it takes mega-dollars to buy back your freedom from the officials. Justice is a very relative term in most all (IMHO - all countries) countries subject to how much money you have available. There have been numerous real life incidents demonstrating this situation.
- - Bottom line, once you leave your home countries' waters you are the foreigner and have no legal rights unless your attitude and wealth can secure/purchase them for you. Keep your nose clean, don't piss anyone off and stay away from known trouble areas and your cruising life will be all that you wish it to be. It is "paradise" out there, just stay away from the snakes/serpents.
Old 11-05-2010, 13:40   #116
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
This thread has begun to smell more like a Troll to me.
Thats why I waited for 93 posts before joining in... sorry.. next shower due in September...

Gun threads are great for figuring out nationalities.... ROFL

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 11-05-2010, 13:48   #117

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Gun threads are sooooo awesome! Can we talk more about stopping power and rounds per second? What happened to the good old days, where if I wanted to kill someone I would just slash their air hose in an undersea fight?

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women!
Old 11-05-2010, 14:25   #118
CLOD

Boat: none
Bond...............James Bond!
Old 11-05-2010, 14:44   #119

Boat: Piver Victress
Stay out of waters known for piracy & yacht mugging ... but if the bad guys look like they intend to come alongside & board uninvited ..... then a flare pistol can be very handy ... as they come alongside toss a pint or so of petrol/gasoline into their boat & swiftly follow that with a flare from the signal pistol ..... whoooosh ! ..... alternatively & in self defence, a flare pistol fired at your assailant at close range just before he machetes you is guaranteed to make him say aaarrrrggghhhh !! ..... a speargun can also be used "creatively" as can bows & arrows & slingshots/catapaults .... you cannot hope to outrun them but if a chance presents itself then turning sharply & ramming them is worth considering .....
Sure ... no material posessions are worth dying for however, there's every chance that, having meekly allowed them to plunder your boat, they will throw you overboard & claim to have found your boat adrift & abandoned ...
Old 11-05-2010, 14:59   #120

Well! That's something I never thought of.
Closed Thread