Hey there have been reading quite a few threads on what people do as far as boat defense, and wanted to link an option I ran into and get others opinions on it.
Basically a paintball shooting flashlight that actually shoots pepper spray filled balls. It seems like it could be the perfect thing to deter the normal thief or intruder without escalating a situation because it just looks like a flashlight until someone gets hit with pepper spray.
The reasons I think this might be a great boat defense weapon are the following.
1. Comparably laws against pepper spray are non existent when compared to gun laws and other countries.
2. Again doesn't look anything like a gun therefore walking out on your deck
is not going to escalate a situation like walking out with a shotgun.
3. Incapacitates anyone near where the balls hit. Shoot into a canoe of machete wielding pirates and non of them are going to be able to breath. The effects dont go away in any short amount of time either.
4. Non lethal. I'd rather not kill someone personally haha.
5. Doubt any officials will ask any questions about your heavy duty flash light.
I originally was going to carry a 45 stainless steal guide rifle, but got to thinking(and reading) any situation where I would find myself wanting to use a gun could either A. be done more effectively by a non lethal incapacitating tool, and B. be a situation where I will be immensity out gunned, and firing a shot will only be sure way to end my young life. Oh and btw I am from Montana and have extensive gun training, as well as personally own 5 guns
. So I do enjoy guns
, and use them, just this seems like it might be a better option.
Dont want this to turn into a gun carry vs. not thread. Was just more interested in what others thought of the tool I linked. Thanks for your input guys.