Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2016, 09:58   #1

Boat: 1978 Ericson 29"
South bound From Anacortes to Everett Washington

Hello all,

New here to CF, I have just closed on my first SAILBOAT! it's a 1978 Ericson 29'
I am very excited and looking forward to (carefully)exploring the pacific northwest with her. So we come to my first of many questions I'm sure I will have over the years. The boat is currently at Cap Santa Marina in Anacortes. My boat slip is in Everett. so I'm planning on bringing her down on Wednesday or Thursday depending on conditions. I have done some reading on the topic and it's looking like the swinomish channel is a good option but with the lack of dredging being done, it might be more stressful then its worth. The other option, coming out guemses channel and around Whidbey Island. I know the straight has some nasty weather and currents, I have the Waggoner tables and a current atlas. I also have some experience in tides and currents from fishing and kayaking in puget sound. Just wanted to see what Y"alls opinions and input might be and any lessons learned people might have learned that i can avoid. Thanks for any input. Cheers.
Northwest87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washing, Washington