Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2015, 11:57   #1

Shipping from Panama to South Pacific?

Hey guys,

After digging around in the forum for a while I thought I would take the lazy route and just start a new thread and see if any of you have ever done something like this before.

I work on a LAGOON 620 and the boss wants to get the vessel to the South Pacific and rather wants to ship from Panama than sail it across due to time restrictions etc.

Any body ever done something like this and could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Rich85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 12:25   #2
Eternal Member

Re: Shipping from Panama to South Pacific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich85 View Post
I work on a LAGOON 620 and the boss wants to get the vessel to the South Pacific and rather wants to ship from Panama than sail it across due to time restrictions etc.

Any body ever done something like this and could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Honestly, I'd be very surprised if anyone has actually done anything that dumb...

:-))

Dockwise or Sevenstar would be your friends, but they have no scheduled service from Panama to NZ or Australia... Probably not much of a market for folks willing to pay $100K or more to ship a 62' multihull along a Milk Run/Tradewinds route, bypassing all the destinations most people sail to the S Pacific to begin with... :-)

Now, once the boat gets to NZ and he wants it back home, Sevenstar will happily bring it back uphill, from Tauranga to Palm Beach... But, it will cost him, big time...
Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 12:29   #3

Re: Shipping from Panama to South Pacific?

Thanks Jon, I have been in contact with a few shipping companies. I will keep at it.

I agree with you, but timing is the concern.
Rich85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Panama, shipping, south pacific