Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2013, 14:07   #1

Boat: Sceptre 41
San Francisco Black Friday Sail

Hi All:

I am trying to put together a Black Friday Sail. No not a misspelling. What I mean is to go out for a sail instead of shopping. I am going to need to pick some people up near the Ferry building. Does anyone know a place near the Ferry building where I can board some passengers on to a private yacht?

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 14:41   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34
Re: San Francisco Black Friday Sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Hi All:

I am trying to put together a Black Friday Sail. No not a misspelling. What I mean is to go out for a sail instead of shopping. I am going to need to pick some people up near the Ferry building. Does anyone know a place near the Ferry building where I can board some passengers on to a private yacht?
Pier 1-1/2 just west of the ferry dock has a pubic dock with 4 hour tie up. Or it use to be anyway. Seems it has some issues not standing up to the surge. I used it once, but the current there can be fun. Very tricky single handing. Sort of first come first serve too. South beach harbor might be easier/safer, though a walk or bus ride away.

I've picked people up at the public boat ramp in sausolito, down by the fuel dock, before too
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 14:57   #3

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
Pier 1-1/2 just west of the ferry dock has a pubic dock with 4 hour tie up. Or it use to be anyway. Seems it has some issues not standing up to the surge.
This must be the place where boaters are given advice over the VHF radio on how to dock there.
Old 22-11-2013, 17:35   #4

Boat: Sceptre 41

Thanks Sailor Chic I'll have a look on Google Earth and see what I can see. Best to be prudent when sing;e handing.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, san francisco