You say nothing about your boat, your experience level , etc. so I'll give you what I would do if it was us on our boat.
First, I'd plan on leaving pretty soon. Hurricane
Season begins in July and May is upon us.
I would cruise
the southern coast of Puerto Rico
. At the S.E. corner of the island, I would put into Boqueron if I needed a place to wait out bad weather
before crossing the Mona Passage
. You want to be careful with the Mona. It can get pretty snotty if the weather
From there I'd cruise
the north coast of the DR as far as Puerta Plata.
At this point I'd head
for the Bahamas
and lay in a course for the Exumas
if I could. Then it's just a matter of following the Exumas
north to Nassau
. From there, across the Bahama Bank, past Cay Cay or Bimini
depending on how you go.
Once you clear there you're in the Gulfstream and your options are plentiful.
I like to stay in the "Stream" but I favor the west side. The Stream will carry you all the way to Hatteras where you turn north along the coast for the last leg to the "Chessie".
Keep in mind I have painted this with a very broad brush, leaving the details to you however I think this route
will give you the most options should your plans change, something breaks, weather sets in, etc. Especially along the US Coast where if you need to put in somewhere there are plenty of good inlets to do so.
Hope this helps