Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2010, 10:28   #1

Boat: Ta Chiao CT34 - 34' - The Brass Monkey
RayTech Software with NMEA 2000?

I've just finished installing a new NMEA system - network backbone, GPS antenna, depth sounder, and with the Garmin GMI instrument display in the cockpit. I would really like a proper chartplotter and I have a pretty decent PC laptop that I bought for next to nothing that I'd like to use down at the nav station. I have a little GPS handheld for the cockpit, but the much larger screen would be fantastic.

From my limited research, Raymarine's software looks great, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/advice to hook up the NMEA 2000 system to a laptop running this application?

I'm handy, but not particularly technical from an electronics perspective, so if the answer starts with "first, unscrew the back of your laptop..." I'll just buy a standalone chartplotter!

Thanks in advance!
RSMacG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nmea, nmea 2000