Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2009, 19:13   #1

Boat: Tayana 37- Victoria Rose
Raymarine C80 MFD Won't Read Cards Anymore

Hopefully a cruiser with electronics/Raymarine knowledge can help. I've already e-mailed Raymarine, but would like to get the issue resolved before Monday, possible.

Here's what happened. I'm in Mexico, and met another cruiser who had the Raymarine software that allows one to enter waypoints on a computer and then transfer them to the MFD. Way cool, so we set up a compact flash card to transfer the stuff to my unit. A couple of days later, we notice that the unit no longer reads the Navionics cards for charts... only have the base charts that the unit came with.

We restored the unit to factory defaults. Three times, no luck. We check unit for bent or damaged connections for the card reader. All looks fine. We put in another e-chart... nope, won't read it either. We download the software upgrade for the unit... nope... won't read the upgrade card either.

I've e-mailed Raymarine for info, but am not in a position to send unit back for repairs. Either I find a decent fix for it here, or I travel back to the US and buy a new unit. Yep, we have paper charts and back-up charts on the computer... but we really want the MFD to work before crossing to the South Pacific.

So, is there any secret to running an internal diagnostics, or some really simple procedure to make this thing work again?? Or am I out a couple of boat unit$$ to get another display??? Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Steve
currently in Guaymas, Mexico
Sailabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raymarine