Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 12-02-2015, 14:35   #1

Boat: 1983 COMPASS 29'
Send a message via Skype™ to xsteel
Raymarine a75 chart plotter

I am the owner of the above chart plotter. Unknown to me the 'touch screen' technology does not work when the screen & your finger is wet with salt water. I sail single handed & have it mounted on the pedestal in front of me. So be warned for any likely purchaser's of 'touch screen' technology. Maybe I am na´ve not to know this fact & I don't see any warning in the Raymarine info. It works beautifully other wise. I am currently trying to exchange it for e75 with joy stick. Raymarine do sell a remote with joy stick - RMK-9 - but is another item to mount using a 2m cable to the back of the a75.
I found out 1 week ago sailing in 35k winds middle of the night south coast of Victoria, Australia . The Navionics map ended up in New Guinea. The double screen showed the correct map position so I moved the map very carefully.
Has any one had same problem ?

Allan HADDOW & Ophelia
xsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 14:47   #2

Boat: CS36T
Re: Raymarine a75 chart plotter

Quite common and should be made more clearly communicated, I think you'll see the "A" series discontinued in the future.
CS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

marine, raymarine

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: