Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19   #1
Registered User
 
vtomanov's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK , London
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Liberty 34
Posts: 197
Port Roses/Costa Brava /Spain

FYI: While tramontana is blowing - keep in mind that Roses marina should be your last resort - no chance I will leave my boat there for overwinter...

sprays are coming over the breakwater, salt everywhere , wind protection almost non existent, going to and back from shower/toilette is very salty and wet experience all possible extra's in one place...

definitely better in Empuria Brava ....
__________________

__________________
vtomanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:26   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,311
Images: 75
Re: Port Roses/Costa Brava /Spain

I left my yacht on the hard in Cap D' Agde, one winter,on returning to the boatyard in the spring I was surprised to find that all the yachts on the yard had their mast head halyards extended and attached to stakes in the ground either side and the fence posts behind the yachts!

one of my crew referred to the mistral wind as "Fresh to Frightening!" when we got caught out in a blow a few weeks later,which I thought to be a a very apt description!
__________________

__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:30   #3
Registered User
 
vtomanov's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK , London
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Liberty 34
Posts: 197
Re: Port Roses/Costa Brava /Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
I left my yacht on the hard in Cap D' Agde, one winter,on returning to the boatyard in the spring I was surprised to find that all the yachts on the yard had their mast head halyards extended and attached to stakes in the ground either side and the fence posts behind the yachts!

one of my crew referred to the mistral wind as "Fresh to Frightening!" when we got caught out in a blow a few weeks later,which I thought to be a a very apt description!
My boat stay in St Cyprien marina and I'm extremely happy - safe and sound the permanent mooring Le Capellans is very quite and well designed, no matter what is the wind I feel safe.

The actual issue that I was mentioning was the the marina in Roses need to be avoided
__________________
vtomanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 15:36   #4
Registered User
 
vtomanov's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK , London
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Liberty 34
Posts: 197
Re: Port Roses/Costa Brava /Spain

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
__________________
vtomanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 17:09   #5
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,311
Images: 75
Re: Port Roses/Costa Brava /Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtomanov View Post
My boat stay in St Cyprien marina and I'm extremely happy - safe and sound the permanent mooring Le Capellans is very quite and well designed, no matter what is the wind I feel safe.

The actual issue that I was mentioning was the the marina in Roses need to be avoided
the last time I was in Rosas was in 1989,and it was just an open anchorage with a few boats on moorings,so I am sure the local sailors see the marina as a big improvement
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 23:51   #6
Registered User
 
vtomanov's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK , London
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Liberty 34
Posts: 197
Re: Port Roses/Costa Brava /Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
the last time I was in Rosas was in 1989,and it was just an open anchorage with a few boats on moorings,so I am sure the local sailors see the marina as a big improvement

from service point if view marina is good, just when the forecast is for 40+kts tramontana better go one mile further to Empuriabrava or to El Puerto Del Selva north direction.

Roses can be nice stay if the wind is < 25kts
__________________

__________________
vtomanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Spain

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Available: Spain/Costa Brava/Italy chrisjoaquin Crew Archives 1 10-06-2015 18:45
Blue Oyster Sailing School / Costa Brava Sailing School. Eazy duz it Training, Licensing & Certification 24 30-01-2014 02:20
After COSTA CONCORDIA it is Costa ALLEGRA storyinframes Cruising News & Events 0 29-02-2012 11:14
Crew Available: One Male from Puntarenas, Costa Rica to Hawaii or Other Port Good for Hawaii . . . Canaan Crew Archives 0 17-01-2011 15:07



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.