Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-01-2012, 07:42   #1

OpenCPN Marks & Layers

Marks : Can some one please tell me how to change the font, fontcolor, font size, font settings (bold/italic/underline) of the text between the <name>tags.
Layers : In the layer library, there is a beautifull example of a layer made with tracks (Met office forecast areas). How do you create these tracks (without having to sail them )and how can one export them as a .gpx file ?
Thanks.

Old 18-01-2012, 15:16   #2

Boat: 29'
Re: openCPN Marks & Layers

Attachment 36184
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisCatteceur View Post
Marks : Can some one please tell me how to change the font, fontcolor, font size, font settings (bold/italic/underline) of the text between the <name>tags.
Layers : In the layer library, there is a beautifull example of a layer made with tracks (Met office forecast areas). How do you create these tracks (without having to sail them )and how can one export them as a .gpx file ?
Thanks.
Kris,click the wrench,find the tab...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	45
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	36185

to make a ROUTE (which is a track you plan to follow!A track is "after the fact" so it's different,eh?) click the pencil thingy.Use "Esc" key to end it.

Layers and all the above can be found better explained in detail on the help page available by clicking the "?" or going here:

Basic Features | Official OpenCPN Homepage

Old 19-01-2012, 01:16   #3

Thanks for your reply HappySeagull, but I allready knew what you wrote. As english is not my native language, I probaly will need to rephrase my questions :
Marks : how can I change fonts and so on individual marks (text between the <name>tags)? Changing Mark Fonts by using the Toolbox Tab, changes all the Mark names but I would like to change Font color/ size/ setting of a particular mark to highlight this mark.
Layers : saving a route results in a script with <rte><rtept></rtept></rte> tags. In the 'Met office forecast areas' layer, the script shows <trk><trkseg><trkpt> tags. So how can I change a <rte>script into a <trk>script, as I want to build a layer using 'tracks' for lines (as in the Met Office layer)?
Old 19-01-2012, 07:04   #4

Re: OpenCPN Marks & Layers

Aah,well.You won't like it,but the way I would edit font for individual marks without getting into the xml of gpx which I know nearly nothing about-and less about what O would do with it....is to make xpm icons for your marks that include the text you want....a gross example...

[ATTACH]36203[/ATTACH

the next problem I can't solve is probably going to need a different app,which I expect you've tried?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard-2.png
Views:	37
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	36203  
Old 19-01-2012, 07:53   #5

Quote:
Thanks for your reply HappySeagull, but I allready knew what you wrote. As english is not my native language, I probaly will need to rephrase my questions :
Marks : how can I change fonts and so on individual marks (text between the <name>tags)? Changing Mark Fonts by using the Toolbox Tab, changes all the Mark names but I would like to change Font color/ size/ setting of a particular mark to highlight this mark.
Layers : saving a route results in a script with <rte><rtept></rtept></rte> tags. In the 'Met office forecast areas' layer, the script shows <trk><trkseg><trkpt> tags. So how can I change a <rte>script into a <trk>script, as I want to build a layer using 'tracks' for lines (as in the Met Office layer)?
...I think I have a way for Route->Track but you need "g72win" Free.-It's really intended for mapsource but is altogether useful...It'll convert a route made in OpenCPN to a track -just lines,no waypoints-seeable in OpenCPN...

Name:	Clipboard-2.png
Views:	31
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	36204

Views:	35
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	36205

I would export the track again from Oto clean it up with the right tags...

http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.htm
Old 20-01-2012, 02:09   #6

Many thanks again Happy Seagull. Dealing with the individual Marknames as you suggest is a possible sollution, though I had hoped to find a sollution using script in the .gpx file.
Have to look at the route>track (g72win)programm - I'll let you know if this was what I'm looking for.
Old 20-01-2012, 07:15   #7

Quote:
Many thanks again Happy Seagull. Dealing with the individual Marknames as you suggest is a possible sollution, though I had hoped to find a sollution using script in the .gpx file.
Have to look at the route>track (g72win)programm - I'll let you know if this was what I'm looking for.
...have a look at this screengrab,Kris...this is where you'll need to be in g72win todo the conversion....

Views:	48
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	36239
it's a "right-click" on the highlighted route to get this menu.

A script might be easier - perhaps someone else has a better tool...I just dredged this out from some foggy battle I had in the past with this stuff..

Tags
opencpn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: