Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2012, 07:42   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
OpenCPN Marks & Layers

Marks : Can some one please tell me how to change the font, fontcolor, font size, font settings (bold/italic/underline) of the text between the <name>tags.
Layers : In the layer library, there is a beautifull example of a layer made with tracks (Met office forecast areas). How do you create these tracks (without having to sail them )and how can one export them as a .gpx file ?
Thanks.
__________________

__________________
KrisCatteceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 15:16   #2
Registered User
 
HappySeagull's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B.C.,Canada
Boat: 29'
Posts: 1,984
Re: openCPN Marks & Layers

Attachment 36184
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisCatteceur View Post
Marks : Can some one please tell me how to change the font, fontcolor, font size, font settings (bold/italic/underline) of the text between the <name>tags.
Layers : In the layer library, there is a beautifull example of a layer made with tracks (Met office forecast areas). How do you create these tracks (without having to sail them )and how can one export them as a .gpx file ?
Thanks.
Kris,click the wrench,find the tab...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	45
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	36185

to make a ROUTE (which is a track you plan to follow!A track is "after the fact" so it's different,eh?) click the pencil thingy.Use "Esc" key to end it.

Layers and all the above can be found better explained in detail on the help page available by clicking the "?" or going here:

Basic Features | Official OpenCPN Homepage
__________________

__________________
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 01:16   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Re: openCPN Marks & Layers

Thanks for your reply HappySeagull, but I allready knew what you wrote. As english is not my native language, I probaly will need to rephrase my questions :
Marks : how can I change fonts and so on individual marks (text between the <name>tags)? Changing Mark Fonts by using the Toolbox Tab, changes all the Mark names but I would like to change Font color/ size/ setting of a particular mark to highlight this mark.
Layers : saving a route results in a script with <rte><rtept></rtept></rte> tags. In the 'Met office forecast areas' layer, the script shows <trk><trkseg><trkpt> tags. So how can I change a <rte>script into a <trk>script, as I want to build a layer using 'tracks' for lines (as in the Met Office layer)?
__________________
KrisCatteceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 07:04   #4
Registered User
 
HappySeagull's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B.C.,Canada
Boat: 29'
Posts: 1,984
Re: OpenCPN Marks & Layers

Aah,well.You won't like it,but the way I would edit font for individual marks without getting into the xml of gpx which I know nearly nothing about-and less about what O would do with it....is to make xpm icons for your marks that include the text you want....a gross example...

[ATTACH]36203[/ATTACH

the next problem I can't solve is probably going to need a different app,which I expect you've tried?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-2.png
Views:	37
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	36203  
__________________
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 07:53   #5
Registered User
 
HappySeagull's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B.C.,Canada
Boat: 29'
Posts: 1,984
Re: openCPN Marks & Layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisCatteceur View Post
Thanks for your reply HappySeagull, but I allready knew what you wrote. As english is not my native language, I probaly will need to rephrase my questions :
Marks : how can I change fonts and so on individual marks (text between the <name>tags)? Changing Mark Fonts by using the Toolbox Tab, changes all the Mark names but I would like to change Font color/ size/ setting of a particular mark to highlight this mark.
Layers : saving a route results in a script with <rte><rtept></rtept></rte> tags. In the 'Met office forecast areas' layer, the script shows <trk><trkseg><trkpt> tags. So how can I change a <rte>script into a <trk>script, as I want to build a layer using 'tracks' for lines (as in the Met Office layer)?
...I think I have a way for Route->Track but you need "g72win" Free.-It's really intended for mapsource but is altogether useful...It'll convert a route made in OpenCPN to a track -just lines,no waypoints-seeable in OpenCPN...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-2.png
Views:	31
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	36204

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	35
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	36205

I would export the track again from Oto clean it up with the right tags...

http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.htm
__________________
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 02:09   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Re: OpenCPN Marks & Layers

Many thanks again Happy Seagull. Dealing with the individual Marknames as you suggest is a possible sollution, though I had hoped to find a sollution using script in the .gpx file.
Have to look at the route>track (g72win)programm - I'll let you know if this was what I'm looking for.
__________________
KrisCatteceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 07:15   #7
Registered User
 
HappySeagull's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B.C.,Canada
Boat: 29'
Posts: 1,984
Re: OpenCPN Marks & Layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisCatteceur View Post
Many thanks again Happy Seagull. Dealing with the individual Marknames as you suggest is a possible sollution, though I had hoped to find a sollution using script in the .gpx file.
Have to look at the route>track (g72win)programm - I'll let you know if this was what I'm looking for.
...have a look at this screengrab,Kris...this is where you'll need to be in g72win todo the conversion....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	48
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	36239
it's a "right-click" on the highlighted route to get this menu.

A script might be easier - perhaps someone else has a better tool...I just dredged this out from some foggy battle I had in the past with this stuff..
__________________

__________________
HappySeagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opencpn

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open CPN and Google Earth bgrimwade OpenCPN 19 09-12-2011 15:32
OpenCPN Version 2.5 Release bdbcat OpenCPN 86 02-09-2011 18:14
OpenCPN Stops Running BobLarkin OpenCPN 2 30-08-2011 23:38
Route Properties, Missing Functions James Baines OpenCPN 13 13-07-2011 04:31


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Sailing News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with the latest cruising news.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.