Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2014, 11:00   #31

Boat: Cyclades 51
Re: Nimble Navigator?

I've used Nimble Navigator a few times. Twice from France to Tortola, once from Sint Maarten to Halifax, once from Trinidad to Australia, and then some. I found it to be more user friendly than the Raymarine Plotter. It's by far the best product of its kind & we are fortunate not to lay out the Grand that its worth!
Atlantechdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 04:13   #32
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Nimble Navigator?

A blast from the Past..
Stumbled across this old thread about Nimble so had a read through it again.. some posts were made while I was on a trip it seems so..
On the question of OpenCPN.. yes its a nice program however its crashing at inopportune moments led me to distrust it where reliability was concerned..
The only time I have had a problem with Nimble was last year when my Windows Notebook decided to switch from 8 to 10 and I could not get it back.
I was sat in the lagoon in St Martin July last year when this happened and put out a call on the local net to find a good 'Tech' to switch me back to Win 8.. did not think of calling for Mike as I assumed he'd have set of already for the Azores but.. to my surprise he called the boat later on and told me to bring my Notebook across to his boat which I did.. turns out because the computer had changed from 8 to 10 the programs built in security assumed that it was a new computer and locked out access.. all that was needed was for it to be 'rebooted' using my access code and password.. which fortunately Mike holds on record.. 20 mins later it was all systems go and full chart/nav capabilities once more.
So once again.. full marks to Nimble Navigator and Mike for an excellent program and excellent follow up service.. when he's not at sea doing the N Atlantic circle..
Catch you at Lagoonies in a few weeks Mike..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote