Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2013, 03:25   #451

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7
Re: Missing 75´s.y. Lady Domina

Viking66..

Just exactly WHEN did you see that sofa floating by near Horta,Azores?

Chance would have it that Lady Domina had two normal sofas installed below.

Tore
Old 18-06-2013, 03:34   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by la vida nueva View Post
This morning I got the paddling of my life by a fellow cruiser who was furious I was a member of a Washington law firm that supposedly does consumer law suing people. He was protecting his fellow sailors from the jaws of a supposed shark. Something about @paynterlawfirm. My email address is the same name but @gmail.com. There is more than one Smith and there is more than one Paynter.

I assured the cruiser who was giving me a good working over I never never met the guy and didn't know he existed. I do poverty law helping abused women who can't afford an attorney and I do media things like putting stories like this one out in Spanish, a language we have not spoken, yet half the Caribbean speaks it.

Tonight, someone else took me back to the woodshed because I am not listed with this same Washington law firm that does consumer tort litigation suing everyone, so therefore I am not trustworthy. ahhhh o.k. whatever. I am even laughing now. (wasn't then)

I am not here as an attorney, not licensed in any other state but land locked Colorado. Unless you are female and abused you probably are not my client, either that or you can pay, which means you probably are not my client either.

I am joining other sailors who feel for these people. For me, Anders Mosteid, who answered a crew wanted ad, really hit home because I was answering crew wanted ads (for more experience), and because in speaking with Anders dad I could see my dad speaking to me. RIP. I was pretty hot about the double accusation and then thought, you can't win this. So I am not going to try.

For those interested, let's get back to seeking solutions, and wishing the families the best. I can imagine how my dad would have felt if I had disappeared in the Gulf of Mexico and I can imagine how these families feel. That keeps me working towards solutions. I bet most of you sailors feel the same way.

I don't think anyone doubts your commitment Tim and you've gone some way to explain your motives. however, the reason I and others known to the crew lurk on this forum is to try and get some kind of handle on exactly how dire or otherwise our friends situation is. For many of us, this is our source of information and we rely on the thoughts of experienced sailors for guidance as to how we manage our expectations of hope and dread.
when I first joined this site I had a lot of contact and advice from you. raising 00's of 000's of $'s, paying for you to take a trip to the Caribbean, scrambling an air rescue search, doing a media blitz, and amongst other things, preparing a lawsuit against the skipper. with the support and advice, often in the form of private messages from regular posters on this site, we were encouraged to disregard your advice, something we have done quite successfully these last few weeks.
you seem to want to put yourself at the centre of this, and whilst I want to take you for your word and believe in your altruistic motives, your involvement can seem a bit odd at times.
I suspect you'll respond to this by telling me that if you were on the boat you'd want someone like you exploring every avenue and doing everything you can. And that's a fair point. however, short of pursuing official channels (which is being done) it doesn't really seem that there's much more anyone can do, other than hope and wait.
You've had a few attacks on this forum and several have questioned your motives.... I hope this goes some way to explaining why.
Old 18-06-2013, 03:49   #453
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by la vida nueva View Post
Tonight, someone else took me back to the woodshed because I am not listed with this same Washington law firm that does consumer tort litigation suing everyone, so therefore I am not trustworthy. ahhhh o.k. whatever. I am even laughing now. (wasn't then)
Even in Colorado you are not operating as "Paynter Law Firm", therefore that e-mail address is misleading, whether by ignorance of how the internet works or intentionally.

If you wanted to add credibility to yourself (and "cause") could easily have disclosed real name and in the absence of a coherent business website, a link to your Attorney registration on Colorado Supreme Court ....and whilst I understand that folks can be reluctant to do that, nonetheless when dealing with a situation in the real world like this I don't think an unwarranted expectation if want to be taken seriously and not just as a(nother!) internet loony .

Am not sure if Spanish is your native tongue (and things get kinda lost in translation ) or simply a bit too involved with the "Medical Marijuana" cause, but if you do genuinely want to help then I highly recommend re-considering your approach.

In the meantime, I will only state the blindingly obvious - anyone who sends money to you (per previous post - for a trip to the Caribbean? ) needs head examined .
Old 18-06-2013, 05:13   #454
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

hes not listed at the Colorado bar search engine.

4 posts in 1 minute? What is this dude up to?
Old 18-06-2013, 05:19   #455

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

http://www.google.dk/url?

View the profiles of professionals named Tim Paynter on LinkedIn. ... Past: Intern at Promise Arizona; Education: University of Denver, University of Denver Law.

This the guy?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 18-06-2013, 05:25   #456

Boat: 41' ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
4 posts in 1 minute? What is this dude up to?
Spamming. He's only recently joined and most all of his posts contain keyword filled links to his blog and radio show. The only other threads he started are total self promotion.

Notice he writes very long posts filled with keywords that are totally unrelated to this and when he posts a link he names it with a bunch of keywords. I'm surprised he's being allowed to do it here.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:40   #457
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Missing 75´s.y. Lady Domina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad7 View Post
Yea... yea... you´r all great comedians,safely snugged up in your favorite armchairs.
I hope the families of the missing crew also finds it funny and has a good laugh...

Show some respect..

Tore
Tore.... the respect is here.. believe you me... some of us have been out there and in distress at some time or another... some have saved themselves... others have been rescued. So yes.. we understand...
Now maybe its time for you to understand the occasional black humour that folk with this kind of experience develop..
Most seamen (not the armchair/office type) share this humour... its a coping mechanism and if your gonna hang round sailors bars and internet sites get used to it... or find another hobby.
At the moment we have 2 desk jockeys flapping around with stupid hypotheses about Puerto Rico and the US coast... now if they stated they were heading for Europe and ended up going elsewhere that's for the DEA/CG to resolve... however if they HAVE gone to Europe you and the other cowboy are doing a great job of muddying the waters enough to make many folk think... 'Sod this.. I'm outa here'
Calm down a grab a handful of perpective

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:48   #458

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

I believe this is our lawyer. "Uncle Timmy" as he calls himself
Legal news, political opinion, Satire, and lawyer thinking by Tim Paynter, Attorney at Law

So that's solved, although what real interest he has in this is beyond me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
Old 18-06-2013, 06:10   #460
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
I believe this is our lawyer. "Uncle Timmy" as he calls himself
Legal news, political opinion, Satire, and lawyer thinking by Tim Paynter, Attorney at Law

So that's solved, although what real interest he has in this is beyond me.
Did you notice how many Ads (ware) he displays on these sites of his?
Old 18-06-2013, 10:21   #461

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7

I am going to ignore all the smart ass remarks here,as any sailing man with brains understands what I am doing here. I can not answer for others.

Keep your tough salty sea guy remarks to your favorite waterside bar, I do´nt think your particular ´black humor´ amuses the families of the missing crew.

Rather than throwing out the final reed of flowers in the Atlantic in memory of LD,we prefer to look under every stone. Puerto Rico is NOT a myth,but a fact confirmed by the USCG where LD reports departure from San Juan 5 April.

I do´nt know how much credibility YOU put in the report from Blue Pelican overhearing VHF traffic between LD and the USCG on 5 May, are you suggesting we IGNORE such reports?

There was also a posting here a couple of days ago from Viking66 sailing in the vicinity of Horta,Axores,sighting a drifting sofa of all things. Strangely enough,the Danish wife of Brian just told me the LD actually DID have TWO normal sofas installed down below... I asked for information as to WHEN this observation was made,but so far I have no idea. Do you suggest we close our eyes to also to THIS sighting and cast the reed??

Seems the observation was made at the end of the trans-Atlantic race from the Caribbean to the Azores 2-22 May,so it COULD very well have been one of the sofas belonging to LD which have been drifting around for some time. Perhaps Viking66 remembers the COLOR of the sofa? I know this must sound hilariously funny to the´Black humor gang´ but please try to restrain yourself.

Tore
Old 18-06-2013, 10:32   #462

Boat: Catalina 30

Sofa? I find it disturbing when a coffee can from the galley rattles around the cabin in heavier weather. I can only imagine the pure displeasure of a sofa or two bouncing about....
Old 18-06-2013, 10:57   #463

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

If LD is as far off course as this thread is, she is likely to pull into Dutch Harbor any minute now. Sorry Tore, I wish them well.
Old 18-06-2013, 11:01   #464

Boat: S&S Hughes 38

If this sofa was spotted in same time frame,it could be clue.Can't imagine a sofa would be floating for very long,indicating recent incident.
Old 18-06-2013, 11:34   #465

Boat: a sailing boat

This is one of the issues perhaps that the sea between the Carib and the Azores is full of floating garbage. I think it actually is more polluted with flotsam than the Indian between India and Africa.

One day I sat and counted and counted probably well over 100 sizable items during my trick at helm. Then I stopped counting.

In a way, a watchman may become indifferent to all this stuff after a while and things that could otherwise lead to further inquiry may get overlooked.

b.
Closed Thread