Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 23-02-2016, 02:14   #31

Boat: Wharram Pahi 42
Re: Migrating from IPad to Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I am using official paper charts (now two years out of date), Navionics charts in the main nav system, and so far only CM93 in the laptop. I think about buying the NV Charts raster charts, which are very expensive. If you have any other ideas about cartography, I would be glad to hear them.
I found this package Rastersjökort i BSB standarden Hela Sverige which might be of interest:

"On this CD ROM are all Swedish charts available in our catalog. The album covers the coastal area from Haparanda to Stromstad, Inland lakes Vänern, Vättern, Hjälmaren and Mälaren. Our three canals are also included, the Göta canal, the Strömsholm canal and Dalsland canal.

BSB format suitable for most electronic charts such as Fugawi Marine ENC Fugawi Global Navigator, TIKI, OziExplorer, SeaClear, MaxSea, Open CPN and others."

I might invest in this myself. The same company is also offering Finnish coastal charts. Svenska Solsidan Site is only in swedish, so Mr. Google helps!

Old 27-03-2016, 01:22   #32

Quote:
Navionics has a good reputation, and seems to work OK on my Android. I'd say MX Mariner but that seems US-centric.
Agree on this. I used it on my Galaxy S6 without any problem

Old 06-04-2016, 02:01   #33

I use Navionics on my Samsung tablet and nothing could be simpler.I'm a big fan of OpenCPN, and as soon as they get to a point where the Android version is stable and effective/efficient, I'll probably be on board with moving to using it on my tablet as my primary backup tool there.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:02   #34

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Cowes (Winter), Baltic (Summer) (the boat!); somewhere in the air (me!)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by grell72 View Post
I use Navionics on my Samsung tablet and nothing could be simpler.I'm a big fan of OpenCPN, and as soon as they get to a point where the Android version is stable and effective/efficient, I'll probably be on board with moving to using it on my tablet as my primary backup tool there.
Anyone tried it recently? I actually paid for an Android download of OpenCPN, but it had several problems which made it unusable for me.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:02   #35

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Cowes (Winter), Baltic (Summer) (the boat!); somewhere in the air (me!)

Quote:
Anyone tried it recently? I actually paid for an Android download of OpenCPN, but it had several problems which made it unusable for me.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:03   #36

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Tags
Ipad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: