Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 11-06-2010, 11:24   #31
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Outbound 44
I would have just done a PM to you, but for the life of me I can no longer find the PM button on this site.

Paul L

Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:33   #32

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Used MaxSea TZ in the Atlantic Cup last month. It took us to the west of the fleet. We were first to finish and first overall. "Nuff said!

speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 21:41   #33

Boat: Atlantic 42 Catamaran
Originally Posted by gjorgensen View Post
Interesting.... I know the COAMPS model well but had used various on-line viewers for it. I didn't realize it was available as a GRIB. The only GRIBs I've ever done are from saildocs, which max out at .5 degree resolution. I'll give it a try.
Sorry for the off topic but just quickly -- yes saildocs and viewfax will parse COAMPS. You need to change the "data grid" fields in the request dialog to 0.2.

More on topic. Does TZ allow one to display any grib data (eg. rain rate) or is it limited to a built in selection of data types?

tsmwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:44   #34

Originally Posted by tsmwebb View Post
Does TZ allow one to display any grib data (eg. rain rate) or is it limited to a built in selection of data types?
I'm not 100% sure of this - I'll have to try it. There is a full weather integration module that's included that goes around downloading individual grib files. You just show an area of interest and then it will grab the data and overlay it. I'll see if you can also download individual gribs.

There's a pretty good Norwegian video showing real time use of a lot of features. The zooming and 3D is especially impressive here - even if you'll never use 3D. Just check out the zooming performance - there is nothing else like it. It changes the way you use the charts because it is effortless to zoom out, move to a new place to explore, and zoom in - all instantly.

The performance shown is exactly what I see even on low end ($400) PC's.

Here's the video:
ActiveCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 15:14   #35
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Custom 70' Sportfish
Re: MaxSea Time Zero Navigator

Is this thread still alive?? They have it for $450.00 now at Bluewater charts, and another $300.00 for the near Caribbean Rastar carts. Just now starting to consider installing it on my Panasonic CF-52 Toughbook, w/ Windows 7...

Professional Captain.. 100 ton power sail tow since 1984 STCW, TWIC, and MMI
captsam54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: